John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

They farked up giving him an extension.

Woosha probably ok for post saga stuff, mostly off field stuff.

2 Likes

Woosha was a good coach once — back in his WCE days.

Nowadays, he’s ordinary, very ordinary. There are four areas where his coaching is inadequate, incompetent, or just plain wrong:

1. Poor team selection in certain key areas by him and the selectors is the first point.

2. His inability to motivate his players is the second.

3. The third is his diabolical or non-existant game plan.

4. His ultra-conservative refusal to consider trying any imaginative positional changes when we’re gettng thrashed is the fourth. (This is at a Club where the great Worzel Gummidge ran the show for 27 years.)

the way we’re playing at present, Matthew Knights would be an upgrade on John “gives us nothing” Worsfold.

Resign, Worsfold you incompetent ersehole, or be sacked — I don’t care which, as long as you get out of my Club ASAP.

6 Likes

That was so bad that I’ve lost faith in Worsfold.

3 Likes

Really average display.

I feel this is an echo of last year but the coach can’t be blamed for fumbling and poor disposal.

He sure as hell CAN be blamed for the players showing no heart or passion. I mentioned this in the game day thread but I’ll repeat it here. The most disappointing part of the game was Zach having his head buried into the turf and not a single team mate remonstrated. It was a farking embarrassment.

3 Likes

Was he ever as good as people make out he was?
He managed only 1 GF win with probably the best midfield ever and a side juiced up to their eyeballs and even then the thought was that he was a brilliant man manager but his actual coaching and tactics weren’t great

4 Likes

Could be said of quite a few there.

2 Likes

I know you’re wound up but yeah…nah.

The west coast midfield? That was probably the best ever. Cox, Kerr, Judd and Cousins?

Agreed, we have become the softest pea hearted side in the competition, it’s Embarrassing. I see the same ■■■■ every week one of ours are taken out, buried etc and our gutless ■■■■ players turn a blind eye

Won’t get many if any better 4 than Cox, Cousins, Judd and Kerr.

west coast was stacked, up there with essendon 99-2001 for most underachieving premiers ever

2 Likes

I posted last week that there were at least five underdone players going into this game. Zerret, Heppell, Smith, McKenna and Daniher were coming back from being injured for most of the pre-season.
Daniher subsequently injured himself again but the rest were only able to play half the JLT games.
They should not have been selected. Replacements from the reserves could not have been so bad.

2 Likes

Voss, Black, Akermanis, Power, Lappin, Hart say hi.

Worsfold is an honest plodder at best but Bellchambers & Smith kicked out on the full from 30m Fantasia misses from set shot 30m out Shiels doesn’t snap instinctively in first 5 mins; sure we got smashed and everyone’s ■■■■■■ but the above are 100% not Worsfolds fault.

He should have won both grand finals I thought.

Although now thinking about it you can chuck in Fletcher and Embley for WC.

But in all honesty who are a big tough bodies?

I see what youre saying. Alot of the players need to take responsibility. But at the end of the day, hes the head coach and the buck stops with him. Hes payed very handsomely to win games of football and hes failed horribly today. Im sticking by him for now, all clubs, players and coaches have bad days, but its definitely his fault.

West Coast edge it for me due to having a gun ruck

1 Like

I’m with you here.

You can’t carry even one underdone player in midfield let alone three or four.

Belly was underdone also.