John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

I can stand corrected.

Our players today just seemed flat and totally ill conditioned to playing at the intensity required for round 1. Our JLT form was sadly confirmed. GWS may not have been much better at the beginning of the game either but through lack of effort on our part, we allowed them to get into their groove.
But where’s the on-field leadership then that sets the standard when things are getting ugly? Who do we have that can stand up and set the standard? We all seemed to follow the script meekly and just accepted we were going to be pantsed and we were. That was us in years gone by too, but I thought that this year was going to be different. And Woosher - where is your PLAN B? You can’t sit in the box like a stunned mullet while your players are being made to look like witches hats! TRY SOMETHING CRAZY! You’ve got nothing to lose.
Heaven forbid, maybe we didn’t need the smooth, photogenic, marketable Dylan Shiel, maybe we needed some lower profile hard ■■■■ that was an animal in the contest and hated losing with a passion - in the Joel Selwood mould. We missed out on James Worpel - allegedly we were going to pick him next selection, but Hawks got him first. He’s a mid field beast and maybe lacks finesse but gets his hands on the ball through brute strength. Who do we have like that? We missed the promising Setterfield too who allegedly decided to go to Carlton for more midfield opportunities after Shiel confirmed he was coming to us. I’m not looking forward to meeting the Saints on todays performance and then there’s the nightmare of ANZAC Day coming up. Where to from here indeed?

1 Like

Woosha is clueless. He has no grasp on what is going on with this side. That’s a worry, a big worry.

1 Like

A brilliant move
But the move could have been made later in the game

At least a loss like this forces you to look internally.
We wasted 2018. If we waste 2019 (without having our first round pick) then a change has to be made.

1 Like

I thought Sam Draper in the 5 mins he played in the JLT showed aggression and promise
Just play him as TBC appears not ready

3 Likes

Next week:
Out: T. Bellchambers
In: Z. Clarke

5 Likes

We should have given Draper 3 or 4 games last year to prepare him for this year.

But we played decided to play Leuey.

We just keep on going back to the well.

2 Likes

Draper was no where near ready last year to just “play 3 or 4 games”.

1 Like

Why not then give him a whole game at least in tbe JLT ? That is called player development!!

1 Like

It’s not about being ready!

We were never making finals yet we were playing a guy that was ready for retirement.

And I watch him a lot at VFL level and I don’t think he’s as far off as others do.

1 Like

i don’t think he should go yet, but if we haven’t substantially improved in the next 6-7 weeks he’ll be gone

3 Likes

Why wait! The guy has had 6 months to implement his plan and look what happened!
If we had balls he’d be gone after round 3.

no more farking paying out coaches. let him see out his contract and if we dont like what hes done, then boot him. sick of this club wasting members hard-earned.

3 Likes

The board should pay him out from their own money. Or they get sacked too.

Why pay him out ? Sack him publicly for incompetence and tell him if he doesn’t like it we’ll see him in court.

I know - fat chance of that from the mandarins at Essington.

WE WILL BE BOTTOM 4 AS OF TONIGHT AND IF WE KEEP PLAYING LIKE WE ARE WHERE DO YOU THINK WE ARE HEADED?

Maybe John is ready to go home. God only knows if I was the coach I might be.

Didn’t his family move back to WA I mean how are you suppose to coach properly if you wife and kids live in another state?

Alot of people do that… the mining industry is made up of people like that