John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Well fortunately we haven’t got too long to find out whether or not we have turned it around or jumped ship.

Good luck for tonight Bombers. Do your very best.

6 Likes

Sheedy’s coaching style was ‘let’s try something different’
Occasionally, his innovations worked, sometimes it didn’t. However, on many occasions, one would describe his coaching style as ‘spectacularly successful’.

Where are we now? Woosha doesn’t try anything different. He drops younger players for older ones all the time. He does not seem interested in using modern training techniques.

I would describe Woosha’s coaching style as ‘comfortably numb’.

3 Likes

Anyone watch the 2018 gf insight video on the AFL website? Now there’s 2 coaches, and especially bucks, who have players who’d run through walls for them.
Worsfold can barely get our blokes through the banner.

Where’s this coming from? Genuine question.

Particularly as I think we’ve still got pHd students in the conditioning & fitness dept.
By definition, they have to be doing something novel.

Collingwood were 0-2 last year and did their very best to lose to Carlton in rd 3.

Things change.

Buckley I think might be the biggest and best example that sometimes - even when it looks like a club’s going nowhere with that coach - we really have no idea from the cheap seats.

3 Likes

Always rated Buckley. :wink:

2 Likes

You did.
You weren’t in a majority, altho I expect the rampant revisionists on here have changed that.

He took a prelim final side into the wilderness for … 5? years and now they’re back. That’s a long time.

Collingwood got beaten by the Giants and Hawks to start the season.
We lost to a second string Giants side and a Saints side widely tipped to finish bottom 2-3

2 Likes

So Collingwood lost to the same team as we did?

Woosha needs to sit down with a group of Blitzers and explain his game plan, player development program, selection criteria etc etc and have it published on Blitz. We will then know what’s happening behind closed doors. We will then all promise not to tell anyone. Fixed

3 Likes

sounds fair

1 Like

If you hadn’t picked it up, I’m suggesting “widely tipped” is not worth the paper it’s printed on.

WCE were “widely tipped” to be bottom 4 last year, Buckley was “widely tipped” to get the ■■■■ and countless other examples.

1 Like

Yes and no. For memory GWS were close to full strength last year. The team we played against already had one of their top 3 mids playing for us and the other 2 missing completely.

2 Likes

:sob:
But they’ll tweet it.
#maisiewilliams

Saints are farken pathetic and will struggle to win 4 games this year. That alone should let you know how bad we are

6 Likes

And what would you call Hooker and Joey? I’d say far more important to our team than the missing GWS players. They’re stacked.

1 Like

That’s a massive call that you’d want to be basing on knowledge of the inner working of the coaching group. As from the outside, it is impossible to make that determination.

1 Like

I get the collingwood comparisons but dont like them.

Reason being that collingwood players literally gave 110% each week under Bucks. You could see that they were playing for him. They just lacked a little skill and game plan

Us - we lack nearly every key component at the moment

1 Like

If we miss the finals again he gets sacked along with the entire recruitment and fitness department.

1 Like

It all starts in the midfield. We had a chance to really boss their second string midfield but instead allowed them to dictate terms.

4 Likes