John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

“In the history of all the great teams, the good teams are coach-led, the great teams are player-led.

“We want to be a great team.

“The people that have been part of great teams say that it’s been player-led … that’s my opinion.

“I’ve heard a lot of good teams say they were good teams … but the great teams are player-led.”

Yep, I heard you the first time, mate.
Do you understand where I’m coming from, do I need to explain further, or shall I just drop it?

Not trying to be a ■■■■, just confirming it was a direct quote and that it hasn’t been taken out of context.

And yes, we probably should move on… Woosh should ultimately be judged on performances and not on sound bites.

So more excuses?

What have they won since?

Imagine going into a game without your best forward, hey.

Reckon the club will sack him but say he wanted to go home back to perth to be with his family

1 Like

Hardwick and Richmond it was both, they ■■■■■■■ love that bloke and bleed for him

Don’t see a single bit of that at EFC.

3 Likes

Can you stop referencing Wooshas family in every second post.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Woosha being a rubbish coach and you know nothing of the situation.

1 Like

Of course but the club wouldn’t want to say they sacked him

Stood up for Lynch during the week against Lloyd… gotta admire that

I doubt they would publicly say anything about his family and nor should they.

I still believe some things should remain sacred and family and personal life are two of them.

Say what you like about performances because these guys are all paid professionals but personal life should remain personal.

3 Likes

Yep. I think raising the family stuff all the time is pretty weak

4 Likes

I think people are way too concerned with the tactical coaching when our issue is the culture. Not a single Essendon player who was drafted to the club has won a final, not one.

Imagine that.

Our entire senior player base has been gifted games, accepted losing, never once in their entire careers trained at an intensity that would win a final. As a club, we dont even know what it takes.

We can change the coach but it won’t change this. Maybe a new coach could potentially have a momentary increase in performance, but it will be short lived.

We need to move the senior players on and get games into the kids with the recruited guys that have actually tasted success. Make HARD calls.

I do have concerns with the players inability to stick to the gameplan or get the game played on our terms though, but I again put that down to weak leadership and senior players. The gameplan itself is good enough… we just don’t play it.

“Putting Hooker forward” won’t solve a fkn thing. We’d just bomb it on his head after slow ball movement anyway. The coach needs to solve this culture issue or we will go nowehere. If he can’t make those calls, bring someone in that can.

14 Likes

So you want the Carlton rebuild?

They finished top four last year.
That’s a better achievement than anything we’ve done in the last decade.
Yet apparently, we had a top eight list and couldn’t even get close to finals. We aren’t getting the most out of our list. Hawthorn and at least a handful of others are.

What about Collingwood rebuild? Hawks rebuild? Eagles rebuild? Sydney rebuild?

Lots of clubs have moved on senior players and favourites successfully.

1 Like

Probably the only way Woosha will be sacked is for you to put him in a hessian bag.

That’s them and then there is us. We are allergic to change.

Sorry you are dreaming. The Board all have their hands in their pockets. All of them.

1 Like