John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

So who gets traded out of our senior players? Names and rationale please.

Everyone, because.

Yep.

We have maybe 6 or 7 players he could be arsed with.

Heppell- if he is to stay on it shouldn’t be as captain. His kicking skills aren’t good enough.
Myers- I didn’t even need to explain this do I
Bags- no point playing him anymore. The season is shot.
Bellchambers- still as inconsistent as ever. Still very soft. Saw a few Sydney players getting into him and he did nothing.
Hurley- very inconsistent. His kicking is terrible. The coaches ruined him by trying to turn a beast one on one defender into an attacking rebounder
zaka- just a soft footballer. Still as inconsistent as ever.

I would happily trade or delist any of the above

3 Likes

Hooker is the only guy from the saga who came back with ability and a good mindset. The others are all damaged goods mentally and average footballers

4 Likes

What in your mind would convince you he isn’t the right man for the job?

Pretty much. Hooker can hold his head high and is the only senior player who I have confidence to turn up week in and week out

We really need Dreamtime and Anzac day to be taken from us. Losing every year in from of 80,000 or 90,000. We are more interested in making money with no regard for winning.

1 Like

You’d trade Heppell?

Yeah nah…

1 Like

If the right deal came up absolutely

2 Likes

Ok, any on that list that you disagree with. And why?

Hurley, Hepp & Bellchambers should not go anywhere. Belly is down on form, the other 2 still very good.

The others you listed are meh.

Id absolutely take a first round pick for Hurley

7 Likes

If we keep playing as we are, you don’t think moves might be made by other clubs who would gladly step up and grab the chance to play in the biggest games of the year. Its been mentioned recently. Why wouldn’t they?

Supporters will follow Essendon if they continue playing this way and remain mediocre or slide down the ladder but will they continue to buy memberships? Eventually attendances will drop off to some degree.

Next to the mint, the AFL are an organisation who know how to acquire money without printing it themselves. The AFL do not need any more financial basket cases. Advertisers are not fools they want to get the best value for their dollar and the broadcasting rights bring huge big dollars. The big games will go to the best teams and so they should. Most people crave to see an exciting game.

I think we’ve been at the cross roads for a little while now. Only time will tell.

1 Like

Why should they not go anywhere? Why are they untouchable in your opinion?

Belly moves like a gorilla. A fat old one.

A soft gorilla at that

Who on earth would pay a first round pick for Hurley?

I mean we all joke on here about how overrated Rance is, but the reality is that he is 10 times the player Hurley is

2 Likes

A young inexperienced club like Gold Coast could or we could use him in a player swap