John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Which flys in the face of what Richardson alluded to, who is our recently appointed footy manager and who sees similarities between us and the process Hardwick went through.
What do you think about that assessment?

Can’t imagine any bomber supporter would be happy with 5000 days but their are plenty of club supporters suffering far worse than us.

Flags are hard to win in the AFL and across every sport I can think of.

Our time will come just like Richmond’s did last season and the Dogs before and it will be worth the wait how ever long it is.

1 Like

Just a shame that this season is already over.
What are we supposed to do? Try hard and finish 9th-10th or tank and get a top pick?
Put a fork in us
canon etc

We have a gaping quality inside mid hole.

Myers? Sheesh,then who?

Eveything has gone wrong this year,AGAIN.

Worsefold?
Who fkin knows,doesnt inspire me with anything he says.

ahh so its the midfield coach got it.

5 Likes

Thing is, he doesn’t have to impress you.
That’s not his job.

But that is wrong, totally wrong. We have sacked a senior coach of the football club, that is a big freaking statement to make and one the whole footy world paid close attention to, it doesn’t happen very often during the season.

We were never going to sack Worsfold at this time and if you honestly thought we would then that to me is just silly.

We may see other coaches fall away as the year goes on or we may not see anything happen until the end of the season.

But to say we have done nothing of meaning is really quite a narrow viewpoint to hold imo.

2 Likes

With that news I’m sold

1 Like

Fair enough,im just angry.
I just hope his delivery is more inspiring that what he offers post match etc…

Must be.

And that’s fair enough too.
Lot’s of people are angry.

But, but a head analogy works. I mean what’s the stomach supposed to mean. The middle, the fat boy. Or is it the belly, so cooking… oh wait… cooking. Hmmm.

1 Like

There just needs to be a clear plan. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but i agree with Lloyd - its clear to most supporters what ‘brand’ Syd play with, Tigers, Geelong… Us? We don’t have a clear brand, you can’t explain what the team stands for in 10 words or less.

FWIW, I’m pretty farking happy with how Richardson has handled this. It’s better than sitting on your hands and doing farking nothing. It wouldn’t matter if it was Neeld or any other assistant that left, the media would always run with the narrative that the person whom left was a “scapegoat.” It’s nonsense. The ACA actually advocate for coaches (and assistants) to have greater flexibility if their contract wasn’t being renewed. They’ve got their wish.

I don’t think what happened was high level at all. Like any review, its easier to start from the top dominator before working to the bottom. Neeld held a senior within the structure. He along with others who presumably in the future will be identified as being surplus within the structure. He would have been offered to work out the year or leave. For Neeld, it suits to leave now. He can control the narrative (ie I’m a scapegoat) because it’s unusual that a coach exits mid-season. And in the process, the club lose control of the narrative and it becomes a broader issue then it originally was. That is a big tick for Neelds future employment prospects.

2 Likes

To test the freshness of a fish, check its eyes.

1 Like

Whoever smelt it dealt it?

I’m lost in the analogy now.

Wot? Next you will be telling us that people can’t be fired into the sun from a cannon.

7 Likes

Now hang on a minute, let’s not go too far with this. I think you should apologise for even suggesting that can’t be done.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s a very nice thing to call him.

3 Likes

By round 10 we are just trying to work as a team.

5 Likes

Yeah, but what’s the best way to gut a fish?