John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

The club has given Ryder and Evans life membership. Worsfold will get legend status most likely from the club

In all seriousness worsfold has been a calming influence on the club, I’ll give him that.

But imo a senior coach as experienced as he is shouldn’t of made the errors he has made in his time here in regards to on field performances and man management

1 Like

If Joey get back on the field, we will match bids, and you are being hard on Raz as he never asked to leave and always said he was staying.

8 Likes

Joey was never leaving. I thought everyone agreed that @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS theory was spot on and the most logical conclusion?

3 Likes

yeah ■■■■■■ that up hey.

mostly trying to get at, feels good to finally just hate football for footballs sake as opposed to everything cos we’re drug saga ‘victims’

Is it possible to like footy for footys sake?

4 Likes

I didn’t get that impression from that article, as it say’s 95% chance will back in Perth at seasons end. If a job comes up in Melbourne will only be part time

If you read it again you will see he says “most likely”. That’s not definite.

It sure is. It was for many years in my youth but not for many years recently; I’m just getting back to appreciating footy for the great game it is without getting concerned with the peripheral B.S.

Yep, 95% most likely. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just leaving the door open.

You want a director of coaching on a part time basis or consultant and pay $$ give me a call.

He won’t do another full time coaching gig.

2 Likes

Well, really he just made the same errors that he did at WCE. So blind Freddy could see that was what would happen when he got the job here.

His claim to fame as a coach was wining the GF by 1 point with arguably the best midfield in the last two decades, and with the most drug-riddled club in AFL history, which they admitted taking ILLEGAL drugs that made them play like they were bullet proof. All that, and he got them over the line by 1 point.

3 Likes

Gets brownie points from me for the way he handled the team in2016. Those wins against Melb and Carlscum were great

10 Likes

To be fair that is what he is best at.
Managing a coaching staff but not necessarily the ideas guy.

He has been great at managing situations, dealing with tough circumstances as well as being pretty level headed when the going gets tough.

His coaching however is terrible. That was evident in his first season when he and the coaching group let Daniel Rich do as he pleased in a terrible loss to Brisbane at Etihad when they were ■■■■■. Everyone knew that if you play close to Rich, he’ll go to water.

That’s why we needed a very specific group of assistant coaches around him. I’m not sure if we have it now but it’s far better than his first year.

5 Likes

He was surrounded by big name rejects in his first year… McKenna et al

All good, but he is destined for a return to SA if a club there wants him. I dont think there is any bad blood. It didnt sound like Port or Adelaide actively chased his signature with an attractive contract.

Joe on the other hand. Desperately wants another contract with a failing body and had one on the table with Sydney . Its a bad look for all involved if his body doesnt get right.

I hope it does and I expect both players will finish their careers elsewhere.

I was having a chat to molds (mrs olds) about this last night.

We’ve both decided there’s less bs with supporting the Hurricanes - rock up, get beaten, watch some fireworks.

And I’m not nearly as disappointed as I’m not wearing a millstone of septic memories from the last 6 years.

In other words, a shallow relationship hurts less.

4 Likes

I agree broadly with what you’re saying, but I’ve had enough of Neil Craigs.

1 Like

So my most liked post ever is one sticking up for Woosha.

Just when you think you have blitz figured out. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

You have crossed to the happy clapper side.

Shame on you PP2