John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

BBlitz setting media up for another Ricky Mott moment…?

1 Like

Hird lost 5 in a row in 2011 then 10 of the last 12 in 2012. 17 rounds later in 2013, the side is playing for equal top spot vs Hawks in R17. I don’t want this club and its supporter base to be like those FkCrltn, Filth and Tigers supporters (of years past) calling for the coaches head after a bad month or two. Thought we were a little better than those lot.

7 Likes

This is different. I think you can see it in Worsfolds face, the passion isn’t there and I have it on very good authority the confusion and uncertainty amongst the playing group is at almost unbearable levels at the moment.

2 Likes

hahahaha

1 Like

this sounds fkg morbid

2 Likes

The bloke moved to Melbourne, but he is really a sandgroper. Is there a go home factor?
If we keep on losing, we might have Harves as interim coach for 11 games.

OR SKIPWORTH

Sorry I’m not trying to be difficult just struggling to interpret you info.

Are you saying the info is:

Worsfolds heart just isn’t in it, he knows it and will walk for somebody else to come in?

Or

The group issues and confusion appear beyond him to solve and he feels its best for someone else to come in to give them a fresh approach? So will walk.

Or

A personal thing with family or something like that and he just isn’t willing to commit long term to the work required to fix the group and will walk?

Or a combo of the above?

Essendon Coach Hayden Skipworth

2 Likes

I want to punch you!

If that happens, I want to be in a room with @aceman and @reboot to see who’s head explodes first.

2 Likes

A big club is great and all that, but a big club in the centre of the AFL universe brings big pressure. There are some nice pharmacies in Peppermint Grove or Dalkeith, where there’s not going to be a blowtorch on the guy 24/7… Is the family invested? Life is short. There are a lot of questions that Worsfold would be asking himself right now.

Eat my balls mate.

make it happen.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he walks out stating that wants to be with his family in Perth will be the perfect excuse for the club to use.

2 Likes

If that gets trotted out then into the cannon Xav goes.

We should all take a moment to reflect in the historical possibility that it could have been Essendon coach Grant Thomas.

1 Like

Club would make some bs story that they didn’t want to stand in Johns way and that him being with his family was the most important thing to him.

Combo

Interesting that Hird on his podcast indicated he had spoken to some west coast people and worsfold had everything going through Phil Walsh when he was at west coast. Seems the structure of everything coming through Neeld may have come from worsfold.

2 Likes