John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Heard he’s going through a tough time with his family.

what a joke

And I’m saying I don’t believe that for one second and why should you.

Massive explanation needed.

2 Likes

Agree

The thread title feels like Worsfold got the back, crack and sack done and it’s way too much information.

6 Likes

“We need time to wax”

I’m outraged by this hypothetical scenario.
Heads must roll.

1 Like

Agree if the club didn’t take this into account when they extended his contract then heads must roll.

has he been sacked yet? no? That’s ok i can wait

So. 5pm Friday, no announcement of any changes to the coaching setup for game day or otherwise for that matter.

A. Worsfold is going to go it alone without any assistant, meaning Neeld was superfluous.
B. Worsfold is going to ask all the coaches to shout out their observations. Something he has never allowed in the time he has been coaching.
C. They haven’t made a decision and are still arguing who is to be Worsfolds Game Day assistant.
D. Surely they are not going to employ someone from outside the club in the middle of the season without a full review
E. They are going to l;eave it to us to use our binoculars to see who is talking to Worsfold in the coaches box.
F. No one at the club wants the job, because its like getting a hospital pass.

H. Players don’t need to be told what to do.

You didn’t get the text message from Woosha?

Seriously, you were really expecting an announcement about this?

Zerrett said he was playing with Geelong, and pleased about it too. May not have told Woosha.

I heard King talking on the radio. He was very critical of Worsfold ( yes I have heard it on Blitz ad nauseum) King said Worsfold needs to make changes during game, he has to mix it up. Put players in different positions try it out. King studies our games and has quite a good idea about what we are doing wrong.

My observation is there seems to be a sort of roster for who plays through the midfield and how often each game and each quarter. Players are changing positions, but its all pre-determined. There are strategies, but generally speaking Worsfold is rarely reactionary and opposition players regularly get off the leash and nothing is done about it . Thers a long list eg, Sicily, Lamb, Ed Curnow. ( except Zerret was put in the forward line for 5 minutes to evade Curnow, we should have used Zerret to tag Curnow , or are we too proud)

G: They don’t waste ■■■■■■■ time announcing ■■■■ like this

2 Likes

Like I said, a Senior Coaches position was eliminated. either this requires structural changes to the other coaches roles and should be announced, or Neeld wasn’t actually doing anything important and the position truly was redundant. I suppose we can assume it was the latter.

Mate, they never announce what they’re actually doing in the box though. They’ve already said the position isn’t being replaced.
Considering there is a review ongoing I highly doubt they’ll be announcing any specific changes to roles. They’ll just look stupid when they inevitably do something to change the temporary solution that would be in place for now.
You’ll just have to get your binoculars out.

1 Like

Whack Saucefold. In all seriousness, the guy needs a chance to have a decent set up built around him before anyone decides. It seems like the club have over-policied everything and put a roadblock between the coach and players in the interests of stopping saga-like attrocities from ever occurring again. So called “best practice in the league”. A new coach with the same stupid processes is going to make a massive difference. Not. Also, who the Fark would want to do it?

3 Likes

The football department needs to be gutted and sacking Neeld is a start.

1. Hire the best tatictian/inovator in the league for Worsfold.
  2. Hire recently reitred players as assitant coaches (ones from succesfull clubs)
  3. Hire some new head recruiters Dodoro can stay away from the draft and just be in charge of list
    management/trading.
  4. Hire tackling and goal kicking coaches.
  5. Restructer the entire fitness and developement group

No, but should update the staff list on the website