John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

I am no fan of the AFL media.

But, is he upset with them for asking idiotic questions or because he was under pressure last week? If the latter, he deserved to be under pressure.

1 Like

Presser is very amusing

Media - “are there aspects of your game that you need to improve on from tonight?”

Woosh - “yes”

Media - “can you tell us what that is?”

Woosh - “no, that’s your job, work it out”

Ahahaha.

Here’s hoping he has been 5x as ■■■■■■ at the players behind closed doors also

6 Likes

Not a big fan of this presser. Would have been nice to have him open up and give some answers for what he thinks changed or what we tinkered with.

Looked a man angry and under pressure.

It was Essendon footy. Hard at the contest but fast and exciting with the ball in hand.

That’s what I grew up watching and what I show up to see each week.

4 Likes

Probably the same as you FLOG!

Yeah but Im not here saying a bloke who has coached to multple GFs cant coach am I.

So that doesnt make me a flog.

A flog mouths off like a big man and has nothing behind his opinion.

You dont even post on here about footy. So you have zero credibility on this forum about whether.you know anything about the game let alone how to coach.

7 Likes

We’re 3-6!
He looked like a man angry and under pressure because he is a man angry and under pressure. The whole club needs to realise they’re all actually under pressure every game. The ideal is to play every minute of every game like it’s the last minute of a prelim.
The players seemed to grasp that idea last night, but it took someone being sacked mid-week, and wholesale changes to the side to wake them up.
A happy clapping press conference would be a total let-off IMO.

Hopefully the message sinks in, and sticks.

10 Likes

Oops forgot to quote.

No doubt team should be on notice and that yesterday needs to become the standard week in week out.

I’d love to hear more from the coach on why he thinks yesterday was so markedly different to previous weeks. The footy played yesterday was top notch, much better than the Port game where disposal was still a bit off and our defending quite loose.

Few late cheap goals to the Cats deflected away from what was effectively a 10 goal thumping. Would like to hear Worsfold expand upon what may have been discussed during the week as clearly things changed and for the better.

1 Like

I didn’t mind that particular presser but you wouldn’t want it that way every week UNLESS that’s what it takes for Woosha to be fully engaged with this particular playing group. Neelds gone, Worsfold more hands on emotionally by necessity, reams media whenever appropriate, playing group actually hits the ground with passion. If a coldly ruthless public face translates to a calculated ruthlessness onfield, yeah , I can live with that.

6 Likes

I wrote this during the week. Noticed a massive difference this week.

Wooshka !!!

2 Likes

he did actually give his thoughts - paraphrasing but effectively said we’ve been doing it here and there, this week we did it closer to 4 quarters. The main video review sessions are generally Monday, that’s when they’d be more prepared with more definitive and detailed information.

The point of being this angry, right now is to give a message to the players. Why can’t you bastards try this hard every week? I think it’s the right message, but we will see…

1 Like

Lol - you can be a real ■■■■ stirrer sometimes.

Considering he had a controlled crack at the supporters about their expectations a few weeks ago.

He said something like: “the supporters need to understand that it takes time build a team. Just because they support one of the biggest clubs in the league, and they have a 100 year history, doesn’t mean that you deserve success quicker than anyone else.”

The thing that annoys supporters, is new people at the club that don’t take into consideration the short term history of the club. We have been a disgrace for 15 years. To ignore this, and expect patience from a supporter group… it’s naive. The club didn’t start when a new appointment is made. The supporters have been around for a long time, and new people at the club must acknowledge understand the road this club has been through.

3 Likes

The team already gave us fans something.
Journos can go and get stuffed.

5 Likes

The only issue I have with Woosha is not rotating players.

Yesterday’s game showed that if you drop underperforming players and play ones in form you can execute the basics far easier.

The game plan plan yesterday was similar to last year but this time we had commitment from the players to do the basics and in my opinion a far better balance in midfield.

3 Likes

I watched it wondering if it was a message for the players as much as anything.

2 Likes

I think so also.

I think Cornes summed it up pretty well on ‘the round so far’ on the AFL site.

I hope Sheedy knocked that ■■■■■■■■ Shaw on the way out…

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that