John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Stringer went straight to baggers after he kicked the goal was great to see

6 Likes

No, but I reckon it could do with a bit of South Korean politics style, where the speaker jumps anyone who asks a real dumb question.
Sam mcLure would be double stuffed, cos his head’s a virtually unmissable target.

3 Likes

Where is @Cgates??? We need some positivity!

I think Woosha being put under the media blowtorch and coming out cranky, putting everyone on notice has shaken us out of our disarray.

It is one thing to play nice while it is more or less working, but if everyone isn’t working together well; making necessary changes and getting everyone focused is a true sign Woosha is the leader we need.

It is a huge task to make finals with 2 Richmond matches and West Coast away still to come, and the need for winning streaks like we haven’t seen since 2013. But while we are playing younger players, are having a real crack, showing good signs with our game plan and are not making constant basic skill errors, I’m very much on board and happy.

I think we are now officially emerging from the post saga error (the fact it’s impact has really been spoken about by some key players is important, and this will and should keep happening). I think Woosha has got a new playing group playing together, and that’s enormous because this is a really talented group, and they are beginning to show it.

Who knows what we can do in 2018, but if we make the 8 from here we will need to be top 4 worthy and could win a final or 2. Regardless, if we keep on this track, finals or not, 2019 is looking really promising, and that should be our main focus because we should be aiming at getting better and better when there is significant unrealised potential.

I believe we have the core of a very good young midfield and developing it is the key ingredient we need.

10 Likes

I think supporter’s reaction to the way the team was playing shook the club up a bit. I don’t remember Bombers supporters feeling so angry about onfield performance. It was looking pretty dire after the loss to carlton.

5 Likes

Yes, we have put up with a lot, but we are not a tolerant bunch when it comes to losing against a winless Fark Carlton FC :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I don’t know why, we get plenty of practice at it.

1 Like

And practice makes perfect.

That;s why we always do it soooo well. …:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Most exciting thing from the past 2 weeks is the “brand” of footy that we have played, It’s a brand of footy that will stack up in finals, Has a harder edge to anything we’ve played under woosha.

Disappointing that we couldn’t play this footy from round 1 as we’d probably be undefeated or very close to and sitting pretty.

I think we are still a shot of making finals and i hope we do, But if we don’t we should all feel it was a semi wasted year, Pressure will be high in the 2019 season however as I think many fans will expect to challenge for the flag big time.

3 Likes

Will probably get an easier fixture again.

Hopefully we can continue to play this way win,lose or draw for the remainder of the year and then use it as a platform for 2019

Someone who has an idea - There was nothing significantly wrong with the game plan - Yes there have been some tweaks which are clearly visible - Clearance work has been a higher standard in the last two weeks combined with a bit more effort,especially in the forward half - The facts are that EFC clearly won the inside 50’s against geelong and definitely won field position while we narrowly lost the inside 50’s against GWS and field position was about even - Third quarters in the last two weeks have made the world of difference - Won against Geelong by 2 points and lost to GWS by three points - It was noticeable in these two games that the team protected itself by playing slower footy for this portion of the game - Ultimately it still comes back to two key factors - Foot disposal has been better in the last two weeks, especially in the forward half and the best players being more effective in games - I’m not one who is obsessed by field position - I have no problem if the team loses inside 50’s by 5 to 8 each game, because efficiency inside forward is king.

3 Likes

It all comes back to effort and attitude, Our disposal by foot has improved markedly because of the work-rate of the receiver getting to better positions quicker than the previous weeks.

Something was really wrong in the 1st 8 weeks of our season save for a couple of quarters.

Our effort and attitude, which goes to disposal efficiency and just about everything else in the game, is certainly a major factor.
What bugs me is the idea that this is an answer in itself, rather than raising just as important a question (I mean, presumably the full rebuild called for by so many is on hold now?).

Why was Essendon’s effort and attitude, which goes to disposal efficiency and just about everything else in the game, so poor?
Why were some…I mean, I say some, it was many…people fooled into thinking that professional footballers with proven skills suddenly couldn’t play.
No, the coaches can’t kick for them.
But that is now and always has been short-sighted at best, and a cop-out theory-saver at worst.

There has not been a ‘tweak’. There has been flamethrower taken to our original methods and structures.
That’s not to say that we haven’t played tempo football for periods over the last two weeks. Clearly we have, and that’s a good thing.
It can be overdone though, but after the last game I have more confidence that this team will get better at finding that balance.
There was a marvelous (or perhaps interesting is a better word) bit of play, I think it was in the second quarter, where we were hemmed in on the wing and it was back to the old possession football, being forced backwards by handball while waiting for the perfect break, when it finally got back to McKenna and you could see him thinking,‘well, ■■■■ this’ before he slammed it on his boot up the line.
It made my heart burst with joy, it really did.

3 Likes

Seeing Worsfold show emotion in the box has been significant in Essendon’s “revival”. None of this stoic / passive sh_t. Players, when rewatching games will see how invested the bloke is. I’m of the belief players respond better to a coach who lets out his emotion (had to laugh when he wanted to pull his hair out a couple of occasions on Sat) in the box. They know the “calm father figure” is losing patience and they’ve responded accordingly.

2 Likes

All 18 coaches going down the slide for freeze
MND. Wonder what Woosha will wear. Also, so great to see them get behind the cause.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAFLReport2017/posts/1583321095130409

13 Likes

That’s so good.

1 Like

Needs nought. Could go down nude with skin that thick.

1 Like

Fantastic

That’s awesome

S Dew could cause a tsunami.

4 Likes