John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

He will snap the slide in half

1 Like

Going no where with this bloke in charge sack him and get Caracella

1 Like

Give us a spell John, they’ve been setting up high like this all year. It’s how they’re coached. Hopefully the discussion was aimed at Corrigan.

1 Like

Remember 5 hours ago when everything was great and catastrophic mediocrity had been excised by the club with two wins in a row?

15 Likes

Can we get rid of another assistant coach please

6 Likes

Club had me fooled that’s for sure.

Why do you allow two spare opposition defenders? The past couple weeks we’ve had even numbers and our forward have a chance, no such luxury tonight. Fkg Stewart & Stringer we’re outnumbered all Fkg night with long bomb delivery. Fkg madness.

22 Likes

How hard would it be to drop a few blokes down in our forward 50 to make uncontested floaters accountable? FFS we have nobody there. Ever.

3 Likes

Bizzare setup to the game. Play 5 forwards against a Richmond back 7. Then play a long kicking game and watch Richmond continually setup uncontested marks. It was one of the dumbest coaching moves ive seen all year.

Rance played most of the night with no opponent.

Sacking Neeld was not enough

5 Likes

Yep, disgraceful coaching and yet at no time did he try to fix it. We have a couple of wins at most left in us this year that should hopefully ensure he is sacked

5 Likes

They had 5 defenders lined up across the ground about 15 metres outside the 50 arc and not an Essendon forward anywhere near them .

1 Like

Step backwards tonight.

We were out pressed by Tiges and slipped into bad habits of switching in back half, bombing into F50 & Saad going on crazy line breaking runs that cuminated in turnover after turnover.

Instead we should have short kicked the eyes out of it, drawn opponents to release team-mates and moved the ball fast to prevent Tiges from setting up.

Coaches need to watch the tape of how Richmond dismantled our press tonight.

We needed to do it back to them. And when we eventually made a change and went man on man it was too late & we moved the ball so slowly they kept setting up their press at our half forward zone.

3 Likes

Don’t think it was any players fault.

Also think we went in too tall. Needed a bit more run, maybe Redman could come in for a tall like Stewart.

Didn’t seem too concerned after the game. Kid gloves from the press after recent events. More interested in talking about the freeze. Get someone with red and black blood

1 Like

If we had just ploncked Smack in the goal square, with Tippa at his feet, it couldn’t have turned out any worse than it did, could it?

Might have given us confidence to get the ball moving forward.

Also would’ve meant Rance might not have had a picnic in the centre square at every kick-in.

2 Likes

That would be too easy. He blamed it on the forwards not maintaining their position. Shouldn’t the coaches be sending a message out to them and say “don’t leave the F50 unless you’re on a lead”…?

What I dont understand is wordfold concedes that they discussed the forwards getting sucked up the ground post-game. More importantly whst was done to address this issue during the game. Did players fail to follow these instructions? Or were they never told?

3 Likes

What an absolute pathetic coaching display. We were in trouble as soon as I saw Richmond starting with two extra at the first bounce. Whoosha did nothing to counter the Richmond wall at any stage!

5 Likes

Dosen’t learn does he? if the club had any balls they would move him on at the end of the year and get some one who’s tatical and knows what modern footy is about.

1 Like

Spot on.

I think their defenders had 25 marks in our forward line as well.

What annoys me is Woosha’s stubbornness. It was blatantly obvious that the outnumber(s) were killing us, but he refused to even up the numbers.

3 Likes