John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Good post.

We weeent as far off it tonight as most think. We blazed away when we should have been spotting up targets.

Tonight was winnable but we were outplayed.

A win tonight would have been nice but some adjustments through the week and we can bounce back.

Such positivity is admirable. We would have won but we were outplayed? We would have won if we’d turned up! I was there, we were so so far off it believe me. So many non-contributors tonight, others need not apply for contracts.
Next week will be season-defining. Not back on track, just not falling off it. But given what happened last year, I’m not confident.

1 Like

To be fair they are a very good side and we were never going to beat them but FFS our coach never gave us a chance.

Have some balls, even up the numbers in our fwd line and take them on. You cant keep giving them free ball in their backline and watch them launch attacks time and again

I’m no coach but fark me he’s an idiot

4 Likes

langford, please apply for the soon to be vacant coaching position, based on tonight’s debacle.
That is a brilliant yet simple assessment. I was waiting for a move, but as usual it never came.
I would have had Hurls forward at the getgo, shake em up a bit. But after they had their buffer for the most part it was set and forget for them, hard hard running out of the back, nothing from us after a brief flurry. One goal in the last seconds of the first, no goal for a very long time in that game at one stage. God awful and downright embarrassing at our ineffectual play and their fire at will domination.

I was there also and I think that our decision making was poor and losing Zacha was huge.

1 Like

Yeah that too. It wasn’t us, it was them. Remember last week when the Giants started coming. Well tonight the Tiges showed us what hard running is and does by playing the first three quarters like that. Losing a player wouldn’t matter to them, they have someone to step up right away. We looked tired.
We stopped running, got discouraged and coughed up the ball 99 times. Quite a few applied almost zero pressure. I’ll have to watch it back.

1 Like

The turnovers were the deciding factor in my opinion.

And the cheating umpires.

2 Likes

one of the worst match day coaches we have ever had imo

1 Like

This. This is the big one. Even when we were belting ■■■■■ in the last few years. Their midfield could still work it through ours by doing this. Most notably was Anzac Day last year. We won because we were lethal with overlap kamekazi runs forward. That’s not sustainable against a team that can set up defensively. And can belt you on the one on one. Eg Sydney and richmond tonight.

Our structures are ■■■■ with no plug n play ability from our 25 to 45 ranked players. We need key stones like Raz, Walla Zach dys zaka to have career best averaging gsmes. To have a semblance. As soon as something doesn’t go our way were in damage control where no one wants to take risks for fear of losing their spot for David Myers or current day Hurley. Reckon hurls was only in because Ambrose was injured.

1 Like

Almost on Knights level diffrence is Woosha has a flag to his name other wise he wouldn’t get talked about or praised.

2 Likes

Glad the forwards pushing too far up was addressed after the game. Maybe next time address it during the game, we could see it by about the 10 minute mark of the first quarter.

9 Likes

It has been happening most of the year.

The coaching panel still cannot work out what to do when they have spares in defence. Farking appalling.

3 Likes

It was fine to go back to last year’s style because that won some games, but that got worked out too.

1 Like

Its incredible that they had 6 months to work on a style and the best they came up with was “attack from deep in defence”

Well whatever we were working on was Neeld’s plan, so we wasted the preseason and this season because of whoever hired him.

Bet that person’s still at the club though.

3 Likes

It’s not just Neeld. How did no one in the box address the forwards going too far forward.

2 Likes

Oh my cannon’s got plenty of names in it.

I’m thinking in addition to the blitz big cannon that fires into the sun, we need a smaller cannon set up at the game firing rubber objects on the ground when players stray from structures, miss simple unpressured handballs and the like.

Who is our match day coach,cause it aint Woosha?

The worst match day performance I’ve seen,by not negating or at least attempting to counter the Richmond set up.

Hes lost me.

I respectfully disagree with this. It was entirely the players tonight.

1. Backline and forwadline movement was gone meaning if player disposing of the ball didnt take the first option there was no other. This was because of Richmonds close tagging pressure. But also because they dont trust each other.
  2. They then continually bombed the ball long to outnumbered packs because there was no secondary movement.
  3. On occasion when they took a short option with a first kick it was not followed with any overlapping runners or another forward moving short option.
  4. Our players dont repeat lead, and teammates dont make the defensive zone accountable man on man which means they dont clear space for a forward spread option for the ball carrier.
  5. Our boys fumbled under pressure.
  6. The mids didnt get back to help out the backs.
  7. The forwards broke structure time and time again.
  8. Hepp was heavily heavily tagged and no one took on the tagger. This took away our stoppage drive. We won clearances but they were comparatively ineffective because of the lack of space created for clean possession.

When Hurls got pinged for ball early, it happened because no midfielder had run the the open side for the switch. That wasnt the coaches fault and is entirely a teammates issue.

7 Likes