John Worsfold

With a potato, right?

The thing that worries me about this is…
This same line was trotted out a few times in Hird’s final season as coach (pre WADA appeal).
If players aren’t taking instructions from the coach then they shouldn’t be playing. Full stop.
It’s not like our players have had multiple finals victories and can just ignore the coach and say we know what we’re doing. This issue has been ingrained into our team for a while now. Time to replace these guys with young players who are wired the right way.

Today doesn’t change what I think of Worsfold as our coach though. I’ll judge him on more than just the one game (as terrible as it was).

1 Like

… that said… a park football coach could have seen what was happening today. I’d hope Woosha is smarter than that.

2 Likes

Are you saying Conor makes good chips?

Can sometimes slice it.

Yeah, … I know, … & that’s not great, but at least he fries.

1 Like

That’s part of his appeel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree, definitely no spud.

1 Like

Instead of the frivolous idiocy why not talk the point on its merit.

Maybe we are just ■■■■ in the wet. I’ve not seen us win many games in rainy conditions for a long time.

3 Likes

Considering it’s a winter sport that’s not ideal is it. Wet weather footy is a definite skill and one which probably doesn’t get enough practice.

2 Likes

Tullamarine is the perfect place to do it. They might have to get out of the hangar in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Apparently we just don’t have enough Chemistry yet.

That’ll certainly help I guess.

Like his dry weatger game plan.

Appalling wet weather game plan.

1 Like

Today was a result of our lads being unwilling/unable to adapt to the conditions. The Blues got boot to ball, kicked long, didnt try to handball too much, played in front of the defenders, and had coverage at the back of the stoppage structures.

We mostly did the opposite. I don’t think that’s a coaching issue as much as it is the players failing to implement a wet weather plan set out by the coaches.

3 Likes

Agree that we’ve been crap in the weather for a long time.

In my day, wet weather footy was…

• Play close man on man across the field.
  • Play in front. The ball won’t travel as far.
  • Don’t ■■■■ fart around with the ball. Just gain metres and get it forward to the next contest.
  • More kicking than handballs.

For a long time our game plans have lacked hard nosed tackling and shepherding the way the better teams do. We’ve been able to do it for a few games, but across a whole season, we just cannot sustain the level of intensity required. That weakness in our gameplan is highlighted even further when we have to play wet weather footy.

At some stage, it won’t matter about the umpires or the weather. We’ll just be so good that we’ll dominate. Unfortunately, I don’t see it happening with some of our older players already wired a particular way.

7 Likes

Freo beat Footscray
Filth beat sydney
Suns beat whorethorn
scum beat bombers

Is our loss really such a disaster? We ain’t 0 - 3 and yes I loathe Carltank but ■■■■ it’s one game. Bring on the Eddies next week.

2 Likes

Time to channel Ross the Boss and go half a dozen omissions.

2 Likes

I think it was a decent move on ross’ part, it showed that if you have good form in the reserves and the established players aren’t up to it, you get a chance, and the players reflected that by taking on the reigning premiers.

1 Like

I’ve only just realised you’re not talking about Ross Oakley.

It makes even less sense once you realise that.

1 Like