John Worsfold

MONGOOSE…HAYDOS

Quietly spoken, always smiling, never tags guns from other sides, doesn’t make changes, appears no Plan B = excellent coach.

1 Like

Why do we need a coach who shows emotion in the coaches box? Will it make him a better coach if he shows emotion? Brad Scott shows plenty of emotion.

2 Likes

Because people don’t trust others when their emotional levels don’t match their own.

4 Likes

I would hate to have a coach who has similar emotional levels as me. I would delist and redraft about 8 blokes a season

11 Likes

He could display Gus Fring box cutting throat levels of emotion for all I care.

I’ll settle for some positional changes or a responsive game plan.

You know: coaching…

1 Like

Jesus this thread.

I don’t know if Woosh is any good (though I suspect probably not). But to blame him for the non-performance yesterday? Seriously? Performances like that also happened, frequently, under Sheedy, Knights and Hird. It’s not a coaching issue. It’s a whole of club issue that has been simmering under the surface for two decades.

3 Likes

Don’t need to show emotion in the coaches box, just need to look like they give a stuff, coaches box or elsewhere.

1 Like

Yet i often read we cant have the same midfielders in the middle. You cant have it both ways

1 Like

Sheeds showed very very little emotion in the box, always played a straight bat, he seemed ok

1 Like

Its could self control! When emotional, you’re at your weakest.

Sheeds was always in control, albeit from waving the jacket above the head :-o

1 Like

Must admit I used to love when D Parkin would go ‘vein-poppin’ apesh*t.

1 Like

So it wasn’t him storming onto the ground imitating cutting his throat?
I must have been at a different ground.

Actually an interesting comparison between Scott and Woosha, as both were hard at it backman.

But John Worsfold was always under control on the field and when he hit something it was planned and well executed. Scott was just spontaneous and often poorly executed.

Both are fearless and as tough as nails, and you would love them in your team

Well let’s wait for one of our players to decked off the ball (by a seagull) before we accuse worsfold of having no emotion.

1 Like

Cos a lot of our good players are really slow and when everything settles into the long hard slog of the season, that lack of legs gets shown up. Average player has the ball 2-3 minutes a game… rest they’re chasing or tackling.

2 Likes

The problem both these last two weeks was we drastically changed what we were doing - slowed down & tried to hold onto a lead, rather than keep the foot down.

I’m not sure “we need a plan B” makes any sense.

The players mindset was, ‘save the game’ and go through the motions of getting by.

We should have focussed that last quarter on kicking 100 points. Not trying to stop Brisbane from kicking a winning score.

2 Likes

You said Sheedy showed very very little emotion. That’s just not correct. He has showed a lot of emotion over the years and during his period as coach.

1 Like