John Worsfold

Essendon are a basket case, but more of a hand-weave type of basket that you’d see at that market outside the Arts Centre over there rather than a mass produced, Chinese made piece of sh*t that isn’t fit to carry the receipt let alone anything else. Not all baskets are the same.

2 Likes

OUTSTANDING: Don Pyke (Adelaide), Damien Hardwick (Richmond), John Worsfold (Essendon)
“The Adelaide football club has just been fantastic, and they have positioned themselves to finish on top of the ladder.”

“Damien Hardwick has done an outstanding job, considering the pressure he was under. He brought a new coaching group together and they’ve really delivered.”

"John Worsfold, we didn’t think Essendon would be super competitive considering the lack of chemistry. The Essendon coaching staff have really done an incredible job."

3 Likes

Woosha.

1 Like

@wimmera1

:wink:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, BD, I still don’t think it’s possible for me to rationally discuss the coaching in the coaching thread.
As long as two people irrationally have the knives out for me then I’ll be keeping my thoughts to myself.
And since it seems that will be for pretty much ever then you can @wim all you like.
I won’t be drawn.

6 Likes

I disagree with a few of those rankings.

Why Clarkson gets a good, while poor old Alan Richardson and Buckley fill out the poor category cannot possibly be purely based on this year.

How does Brad Scott manage an average and be considered a rebuilding coach when he’s the one that’s ridden the side all the way down. I’d have him up there with Rodney Eade as poor.

And I think calling Beveridge fair is a bit harsh. They over performed massively at the back end of last year, and are trying now to cope with an entire competition that have spent the past year specifically trying to dismantle their gameplan. Has coped with a rotten injury list, and a pretty tough draw, and they can still make the finals and who knows what happens from there.

1 Like

Bevvo could get the spoon this year and is still a top 2 coach in a clubs history. I reckon these sort of articles don’t take into consideration the situation surrounding a club.

Actually its a ■■■■ article other than hearing what we want to hear (woosha being good).

1 Like

See, it’s moments like these I miss @bombdoe He’d be all over that invitation.

4 Likes

I think both Clarkson and Brad Scott get a bit of leniency because they had to make the tough decisions and play kids. I think that’s fair enough.

Buckley,Richardson and Rocket have all got mature lists and they have been at the helm for a number of years and yet we still don’t know what they stand for. I think its very fair to say they are failing.

Chris C is a ■■■■ head … Don’t care who he rates as good or poor … just someone’s opinion.

2 Likes

You don’t think Woosha is top three this year?

If the Premiers miss finals, the coach can only ever be graded poor or worse IMO

They’ve had a terrible year, half the list have gone backwards, a majority of their ins and outs look like bad calls (Cloke vs Stevens, Hrovat & Hamling) , and Beveridge seems unable to get them to switch on from the opening bounce.
Their ladder position flatters them if anything, they’ve had 2 wins over a top 8 sides all year (St K before the bye and a pretty lucky one against the Tigs).

Top 4 - Pyke clearly the standout, raffle the placing between Worsfold, Hinkley and Longmire.

I personally wouldn’t have either of Hinkley or Longmire. With the lists they have at their disposal I think success should be expected.

1 Like

What a wim p

Case in point.

How anyone can rate Hinkley as a great coach with the list he built and the way they keep failing. If Woosha ends up like that I would be calling for him to be sacked.

1 Like

You had the knives out for Woosha, was a certainty some would come hurtling back.

1 Like

I view woosha as a first year coach. Last year was a hiding to nothing.

5 Likes

Yep.
Exactly this sort of thing.
Thank you.