John Worsfold

good call by you, will never not get liked.

I went through all the 2017 games and team changes. :frowning:
Other than Langford (his stats were good) & Bird being unlucky to be out of sides, it all looked a bit like we were just tinkering.
Luey & TBC both sharing good games.

Sometimes we won after a loss for no apparent talent injection.
But,
The ‘rested’ thing doesn’t look like it leads to winning.

1 Like

It might have been had we not been thrown out of the finals. Which was about “the look” because we had NOT been convicted of anything. Remember that!

2 Likes

I reckon if we’re gonna give Woosh a leave pass then Hirdy is entitled to one too, which he didn’t receive.

6 Likes

Essendon was 13/3 under Hird in 2013 and the the charges came from the AFL. If Hird had have had clear air who knows what the team would have achieved.

16 Likes

A question that will sadly remain unanswered.

2 Likes

Didn’t I hear Matthew LLoyd say something similar on FC (or was it TW on TF). Whoever, they didn’t sound too enamoured with Worsfold!

You realise Lloyd is just another sensationalist, “say something/anything to be controversial or talked about” douchebag now right?

9 Likes

pretty much it.

And like some of us have said during the year, he’s backed himself somewhat into a corner with the simple lack of giving the kids a go.
He now has to starting 22 positions to fill. a midfield spot and a backline spot, or at best 2 backline spots (mcgrath to midfield.

yet who exactly is there for the midfield spot ?
a kid who’s been moved from the forwardline to mid cos he doesn’t suit the gameplan cos of lack of speed, and is 6 months into being amid.
or ???

who exactly have they got to cover kelly’s spot coming through ?

Worsfold solely chased finals this year at the expense of development, and now he goes into next year (unless they trade in some quality) having to rely on hope that the players he overlooked this year, will pick up the afl pace quickly next year when and if selected.

He doesn’t deserve a contract extension yet, all he’s done is prove he can pick named players and the clubs “favourites”, it didn’t work for the last 3 coaches, why does anything think it’ll work now ?

2 Likes

I’m starting to feel like I’m going to hear the term, ‘five-year plan’ pretty soon.

6 Likes

Yeah but there haven’t been too many kids on the list that missed out on games they should have played.

Are you talking about Langford?
Do you seriously think they’re trying to turn him into a mid because he doesn’t suit the game plan as a forward?

and why do people assume that development of young players only happens by playing them in the 1’s?

5 Likes

I think you’re a fair vintage, more than likely will pan out to be a hearing related issue.

1 Like

They need to whine about something.

Sick burn, bro.

3 Likes

… haven’t coached etc etc…

Yawn.

1 Like

God this thread is ■■■■■■■ tedious.

6 Likes

Hartley
Ambrose

Woosha is a premiership coach and proven player developer. Knights was a Richmond player with a terrible coaching record.

2 Likes

Yawning…