John Worsfold

Yep.
Good.
Johannisen can’t be tagged.
Except when he was. Repeatedly.
It’s not his marking that was the issue. Really?
That’s your point?
You don’t think it was his run?

Just…again…outies.
You’re all, quite, quite mad.

Well, …by definition that would be the Coaches that you think are mad.

But is there method in their (perceived) madness??

Only time will tell.

Dude. The “blueprint” that other sides employed was when he played in defense as a rebound runner receiving handballs and taking off for a gallop. Perhaps it would be applicable to then put Walla on him to bury him with tackles.

But he played forward and he hurt us leading up as a forward. He got out on the lead and jagged a few. We had our fastest off the mark guy on him.

I wish we’d got a fist in or maybe punched him in the head but yeah I didn’t think he could kick goals from 55. It surprised me. In retrospect McKenna didn’t do well.

1 Like

You know, in the midfield…I’d concede the point.
Maybe we just do not have someone that could go with Sloane.
I’ll buy that.

But this…a flanker…that we knew was dangerous, that we knew could be contained…
This was a ■■■■-up, pure and simple.
Either that or just plain arrogance.

I’m not entirely anti-Woosha. Hell, look at the game against Port!
That was awesome.

But can not one of you happy-clappers just concede that maybe…maybe we ■■■■■■ up on this occasion?

Of course. That is always a possibility, and I’ve never said, and would never say any different, … & if so, the Coaches would learn from it.

Tried something, didn’t work, learn from it ,… move on.

But we can’t know, and may never know, which is true.

So move the fk on we really should. Because there is no definitive on this, or any other coaching decisions.

I don’t like that term.
But in answer - yeah, I think we ■■■■■■ up. We lost - so of course we ■■■■■■ up. How many ways could we have won? I could probably rattle off about 20 ways. Not least of which, would have been not kicking 13-19 to their 19-13. And yes, controlling JJ would have also worked. Or controlling Bont. Maybe winning more contested footy. Or running harder. Maybe we selected the wrong mix. Likely a combination of lots of things.

You are getting ■■■■■■■ obsessed with one element.

1 Like

I reckon we definitely would have won if we’d told a player to KO both Bont & JJ within the first 5 minutes of the game to ensure they took no further part in it.

Why didn’t the Coaches do this?? They fked up there,… we could have won. :wink:

1 Like

I think you have to rate him on his team changes next year.

He’s had a lot to deal with this year from returning players, retiring players, fade outs and losing in the dying moments. We’ve actually had a year where we have been competitive and in the game for 80% of the games. Can we say that for any other recent year bar 2013?

I agree with the game day changes but I also think that maybe he is trying to drill something into the side and next year he will be more proactive. Real test will be in finals where I think he will make some more changes.

Wonder if there is anyway to compare his coaching in H&A v Finals at his time with the Eagles.

That being said we are a couple of gun mids(maybe one of the younguns can stand up) from being a very hard side to beat.

He’s done well this year.

1 Like

He isn’t discussing, he is just banging on and on and on with the same tired lines no matter who says what to him. What’s worse is he can’t let it go. He has said the same thing repeatedly since that day, he needs to let it go.

why should he let it go? if its something he wants to discuss then why can’t he?it is a forum isnt it?

John Worsfold on game day imo has been pretty poor. Tagging is a big part of that. Surely you can see that the non tagging (apart from a few select times where we did it and it worked and we won!) is a big issue for some supporters

1 Like

The point is, mate - the only way out of this is to say “ok, you are right. We should hard-tag”.
To be honest - that response is becoming more and more appealing.

2 Likes

I see what your saying but i think a reasonable discussion can be had on the subject without it getting personal. That post by diggers isn’t helpful to the conversation at all.

I personally think as long as certain opposition players keep on getting a hold of us and they are not “tagged” the discussion will keep coming up.

I personally see a time where a so called “hard tag” isn’t needed and a simple “run with role” would suffice

And I agree. And I do believe - everyone else here does also.
So why are we still arguing about it?

1 Like

Focus, people. Discuss the topic, not the posters.

(We, of course, have a narrow view. How many other teams fans are now bleating about how their coach let Joe D run loose this year – the weak-as Suns can shut him down, why not us?)

4 Likes

because some people think think only their opinion is right and refuse to even discuss the possibility that someone else’s opinion on the matter has merit

that’s my theory anyway

1 Like

It’s not uncommon for people to have such a strong belief in something, that other’s disagreeing seems ludicrous. I get that. There are times, however, when you just have to part ways on the matter, if not agree to disagree.

1 Like

I would agree except it hasn’t been a discussion, it has just been both sides stating their point of view endlessly. That is not a discussion. Also when a response involves sighing and swearing to make the point it is no longer about discussion but about making the point you are right and the others are idiots. That is why the responses from people have become sharper. Less emotion needs to be employed by all of us.

2 Likes

Both sides are incapable wimms right we should have tagged the ■■■■ out of johanissen. You’re right we don’t need to take all the time.

However our midfield being in the state that it is. Needs to tag more often than not. And that’s because were carrying too many slow defensive liabilities. Myers, Goddard, Watson are in capable of the defensive running you need for a midfield team defense that doesn’t require tagging.

4 Likes

Seriously, people are begging me for my opinion in this thread.
Told me I’m weak not to give it.
I gave it. I don’t need to. Fine not to.

If you don’t want it then STOP FRIGGIN’ ASKING.

And Diggers can direct his complaint to the nearest wall.

Finally!

3 Likes