John Worsfold

You can say that again…

1 Like

One thing I noticed is when Jake S gets near the ball he takes a lot of tackling, often drawing in two defenders. This creates opportunities for others.

I like his raging bull presence in the forward line.

1 Like

Still buzzing from last week but now is the danger period for the team… finding the consistency to perform at a high level each and every week. Hopefully ANZAC day provides plenty of incentive but Pies have hit some hot form.

I am also curious to see how Woosha goes this week… last week he made the blatantly obvious changes that were required and they worked… the next stage will be whether he has found a Plan B for when Plan A doesn’t work. Yes the ‘hooker back’ wasn’t a huge surprise but Port wouldn’t have had that long to plan around that structure. From here onwards, teams will have a much better idea of how to counter that.

It will also take some ‘bad’ weeks to see what changes, if any, Woosha is prepared to make when things are going south. If he gets that part right, then I would be willing to back him but something tells me that he will still struggle with the tactical side of things.

1 Like

I don’t reckon he gives a sh*t what you think.

5 Likes

This is a discussion forum, not a messaging service for Woosha. What’s the point of your post?

2 Likes

The point is I think he’s full of sh*t.

3 Likes

Not a good thing to say about our coach

If that’s the case, what’s the point of this thread?

Plan B is Hooker forward. All sorted. Now put your feet up Woosh and slam a sanga.

How prickly is Woosha at the moment?

On edge, looks like he’s about to knock out any journo that asks a stupid question (most of them).

But if he’s open to allowing others to influence his decisions when they’re not working, that is a good thing.
Harvey clearly had his say re: Hooker back/Stringer forward, so hopefully Woosha can evolve just as the side should.

Pies/Melb/Hawks minus rioili and Poopulo.
All winnable.All loseable.

Massive 3 games in 11 days.

2 Likes

To discuss footy?

He’s not the Lone Ranger there.

He doesn’t give a shitt what anyone in here thinks.

Well maybe he does listen to what I think… I posted before the season started that Hooker should play back, said it again in Round 1 and again in Round 2 and again in Round 3 and then Woosha listened and it worked.

I posted before the season started that Stringer should play forward with short bursts in the middle and build towards midfield minutes. Said it again after round 1, 2 and 3… and then Woosha listened and it worked.

I stated after Round 1,2 and 3 that we need to apply more pressure directly on the ball carrier rather than have a loose zone. Woosha did that and we won.

So maybe Woosha does read Blitz and responded? For all the suggestion that ‘supporters and media have no impact’… I find it funny that after a big week full of pressure from those sources… Woosha finally changes something. I think it is natural that coaches feel pressure and when the voices get loud enough they feel they have to listen.

1 Like

I’d say that’s the most likely scenario.

19 Likes

Hi @johnworsfold. We like wins. Please keep them coming.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy::joy:

You have delusions, you need a referral to a psychologist.

6 Likes

Coaches are well paid for a reason. It’s so that when their side loses, they can cope with people that know the game and their players better than them telling them that they have no plan B or C, their zone and press has broken down and their structures have fallen apart. When they win games it’s because they took note of what they were told and finally listened.

2 Likes

I wonder if he listens to Cgates?

1 Like

Yeah, thank Christ for all the knowall fuckall’s in the outer/media/internet eh?

Where on Earth would Coaches be without them , … .

2 Likes

We should save the $$$s and not have a coach and just setup some algorithm which collates the collective view of Blitz to set up game plan, selection, structures, provide motivation etc. During the game an assistant coach can just keep watch of the game day thread to make moves and implement any of plans A to Z as instructed.

5 Likes