John Worsfold

Knights had us playing great footy at times, but lost the playing group in 2010. I think he would be a capable AFL coach now given what he's learned since. We should bring him back to teach us how to score again :P

What a load of absolute crap…

What's Chinese for the sound .. "Woosh" CJ? Do they have a word for such a noise/action?

放大 is zoom. Close enough?

Knights had us playing great footy at times, but lost the playing group in 2010. I think he would be a capable AFL coach now given what he’s learned since. We should bring him back to teach us how to score again :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s Chinese for the sound … “Woosh” CJ? Do they have a word for such a noise/action?

A friend from work has been adopted by a little street dog. It followed her home 2 nights ago. Tonight after work we took her to the vet to get vaccinated. They said they wouldn't do it for 10 days until she, the dog, had settled in and was okay. Whatever that means. Anyway this little female didn't have a name until tonight, l christened her Woosha.

Apologies for quoting myself, but the little dog has a new name, a very vanilla Chinese name, Won Won or Wa Wa, not sure which. So, it didn’t last long. l will have to name my next dog Woosha instead.

Oh Jack. You got given the hard word, dintcha?

A friend from work has been adopted by a little street dog. It followed her home 2 nights ago. Tonight after work we took her to the vet to get vaccinated. They said they wouldn't do it for 10 days until she, the dog, had settled in and was okay. Whatever that means. Anyway this little female didn't have a name until tonight, l christened her Woosha.

Apologies for quoting myself, but the little dog has a new name, a very vanilla Chinese name, Won Won or Wa Wa, not sure which. So, it didn’t last long. l will have to name my next dog Woosha instead.

I thought Knights introduced a really excellent run and gun style of footy that won us a fair share of good games if I recall (including anzac day) and you still see remnants of it in our play style today

We were the most exciting team to watch that year, pretty sure injuries hit the list pretty bad as well.

I then recall we went into a final with no ruckman and lost by about 90 points? Was there some bullshit tribunal thing involved as well with paddy?

iirc NLM was ruck lol also that miss soccer attempt by Quinn right on the goal line was freaking embarrassing.

Worsfold has done a great job. My expectation was that we wouldn’t win a game at all this season. So he’s ahead already.

For me the biggest criticism is that our forward line is a massive shambles.
It was bad last year and it is worse this year.
Unfortunately the bans have severely dented any hope of the forward line functioning as Joe D has no help whatsoever, so there are reasons but very few solutions. We haven’t even trialled a very small nimble forward line because Eades hasn’t been available to trial it and McKenna hasn’t shown as much at senior level as he did last year. Hopefully we get to see the forward line develop throughout the year.

I still want to see some improvement this year. I’d like to see us score more than 10 goals in a handful of the remaining games this season and it would be great if we could score above 100 points at least once.

The scary this is, we’re yet to play the Hawks, GWS, Adelaide and West Coast and I wouldn’t be surprised if teams absolutely smash us later on in the season as percentage becomes more and more important rather than take us easy for periods during games (as has been the case all year).

The coaching ‘grace period’ will have an expiry date. There will come a point when the coach will be judged on results rather than the hope he offers or is showing and excuses will not be tolerated. It happened with Sheeds, it happened with Knights and also with Hird. It’ll happen again with Worsfold. It’s just a matter of when.

Worsfold has done a great job...

The coaching ‘grace period’ will have an expiry date. There will come a point when the coach will be judged on results rather than the hope he offers or is showing and excuses will not be tolerated. It happened with Sheeds, it happened with Knights and also with Hird. It’ll happen again with Worsfold. It’s just a matter of when.

The expectations from some around next year is probably a good indicator of when that will be…

I thought Knights introduced a really excellent run and gun style of footy that won us a fair share of good games if I recall (including anzac day) and you still see remnants of it in our play style today

We were the most exciting team to watch that year, pretty sure injuries hit the list pretty bad as well.

I then recall we went into a final with no ruckman and lost by about 90 points? Was there some bullshit tribunal thing involved as well with paddy?

Iirc Paddy was suspended, and Belly was a first year and not really ready (at least in the eyes of the coaching department).

Wasn’t that the same game Quinn could have kicked three goals in if he’d kicked straight?

Knights is still a more successful coach than Dinma

Nah.
The tiniest criticism of Hird’s coaching did not ever call for outright contempt.

It did 7 weeks into 2011.

Nope.
It didn’t before he’d coached a game.
And it didn’t during 2000 under Sheeds. Now, though…

I think you’re exaggerating a little.

Even Knights wasn’t allowed to be critiqued until about mid 2009 without there being some contempt for the critiquer.

Every new coach gets a grace period, even when they aren’t lumped with a situation like Woosh is right now.

Lol. People wanted Knights sacked before he was hired.

And rightly so. It was a stupid appointment. He had an appalling record with every club he had coached, including our own reserves.

He was bullish though!

And he had PowerPoint working on his laptop

Remember the rumours the day before saying that Hardwick will be appointed as coach the next day was so excited to hear the announcement only to be bitterly disappointed when Matthew Knights name was said on SEN the next morning.

A friend from work has been adopted by a little street dog. It followed her home 2 nights ago. Tonight after work we took her to the vet to get vaccinated. They said they wouldn’t do it for 10 days until she, the dog, had settled in and was okay. Whatever that means. Anyway this little female didn’t have a name until tonight, l christened her Woosha.

Gives them nothing.

I can't even fathom how anyone could be anything but impressed with what Worsfold has achieved so far.

And that would be?

Are you being serious?

We haven’t the flag Ben, get with the times sheesh…watching all these kids develop into great players, instilling a never say die and never give up attitude, tippa, Zac, Langford, parish, Redman…its just not enough

Playing kids is not an achievement.
Watching kids develop is not an achievement
Installing a never say die attitude and never give up attitude…sure, I’ll give you that one.

I’m not having a go at him as a coach, in fact I was very happy to get him, but don’t think you can say he has achieved anything after 8 rounds, except for perhaps his part in the 5 players wanting to come back. How much of that was his doing, I don’t know.

Here’s an achievement, not implimenting an injection program.

He has 3 years on his contract, just sayin!

The benchmark should be his second year, like the last guy.

Nah.
The tiniest criticism of Hird’s coaching did not ever call for outright contempt.

It did 7 weeks into 2011.

Nope.
It didn’t before he’d coached a game.
And it didn’t during 2000 under Sheeds. Now, though…

I think you’re exaggerating a little.

Even Knights wasn’t allowed to be critiqued until about mid 2009 without there being some contempt for the critiquer.

Every new coach gets a grace period, even when they aren’t lumped with a situation like Woosh is right now.

Lol. People wanted Knights sacked before he was hired.

And rightly so. It was a stupid appointment. He had an appalling record with every club he had coached, including our own reserves.

Wut? I don’t think that’s even half true.

I recall he was being lauded as doing a fantastic job developing the young talent,

Well, he is the first -and almost certainly will be the only - coach to lead the Bendigo Diggers / Bombers/ Gold entity to a VFL finals win.

A complete coaching enigma, is Knights. VFL coach that actually got a finals win from an amalgamation that was a shambles either side of him, a Vfl premiership coach at Geelong, led us to an Afl finals series and yet at times seemed to have absolutely nfi what was needed.

Who wrote that?

Me.

Hi Bob

I can't even fathom how anyone could be anything but impressed with what Worsfold has achieved so far.

And that would be?

Are you being serious?

We haven’t the flag Ben, get with the times sheesh…watching all these kids develop into great players, instilling a never say die and never give up attitude, tippa, Zac, Langford, parish, Redman…its just not enough

Playing kids is not an achievement.
Watching kids develop is not an achievement
Installing a never say die attitude and never give up attitude…sure, I’ll give you that one.

I’m not having a go at him as a coach, in fact I was very happy to get him, but don’t think you can say he has achieved anything after 8 rounds, except for perhaps his part in the 5 players wanting to come back. How much of that was his doing, I don’t know.

Here’s an achievement, not implimenting an injection program.