John Worsfold

What did he say about Hird?

What did he say about Hird?

Let me guess he "gave them nothing" ?

Every Woosha press conference ever.

Most impressed with his interview yesterday. Calm ,cool, collected. As long as he doesn't talk to the Excremental Press ( you know who they are ) he's got me for the moment. The more I look at our coaching set up at the moment , the happier I am.
it was a gap year for him. With 12 players getting suspended,and reality kicked in for him, if we finish last there would be sympathy from the media, Who always look for blood.

Heads up. Woosha is going to be doing a fan q&a on the AFL’s Facebook page tomorrow*.

*Or later today when most people will read this

John

John

There goes Tippa the Iceberg. name dropping again !

:slight_smile:

But can he coach?
Seriously.

i don’t hate Woosha. I don’t love Woosha.
He’s our coach.

Here’s what I’ve seen of him
A win against Carlton that meant ■■■■ all.
A loss against Brisbane, who we were better than, that meant everything.
0-3 in the pre-season.

I get that the pre-season is for trying things out.
Here’s something to maybe try out on your third try; Can we defend a seven goal lead?

Zerrett kept out of the midfield because ■■■■ knows why.
And apparently Daniher is a back pocket now.

I haven’t seen such a dominant, talented team capitulate so badly since 1980.

Again, I know any criticism of this guy is seen as more heretical than asking if Hird could coach (who pulled wins out of is arse against far better opposition), but ■■■■ me I’m waiting to see it.

3 Likes

Gone way too early mate. Way way too early.

Guy got served the greatest ■■■■ sandwich in the history of coaching.

He’s not new to the caper. He can clearly coach based on his history.

Will he work for us? Let’s chat after 23 rounds.

4 Likes

Coached a basket case of a club to a flag.

The game has moved on, but most bizarrely is the team has none of the quiet danger he exudes.

1 Like

Or I could go now and wear it if I’m wrong.
Guy got given a year with no expectations, except for what the team built itself.

You may not hate him, but it’s fair to say you’re profoundly skeptical.

2 Likes

Hey, if you wanna go now and own it then respect. Go walk the plank… :grinning:

Yep, I’ll wear that.
I have nothing against the bloke, though.
And off-field he’s been a champ.

1 Like

Yeah. Sorry wim, but, … wut?

No one has any clue how he might be going about it, … IT being probably the hardest job in Footy atm, … integrating last years team with the returned’s, then constructing a GP around them, … then teaching it to the new mix, … then waiting for them to learn it, … with the thinnest & most injury prone ruck dept in the league.

I think you’ve* (read anyone*) gone a bit loopey even attempting to make a judgement on anything at this point, … but especially the Coach.

I thought it was reeeeaaasonably well understood that he’s not one of the best pure tactical coaches going around.

What he is is a good, strong leader and teacher. Importantly he is also a unifying figure who would be good for our young crop and the best person on the market to rebuild not only our team but our club around.

Thought that was semi obvious but apparently not everyone is on the same page. I’m with you though Wim.

1 Like

No argument on that.
As a figurehead we could not have done better last year.

So you’re saying our tactical team is Neeld, McKenna and Harvey? Cool. Cool cool cool.

2 Likes

I will wait until the actual season starts.

1 Like

And I will wait until the actual season is over, …

1 Like