Jumper numbers 2014

Duscher will keep 13 as Reserves Captain

My predictions:

#3 Chappy (that one was easy)

#12 Z.Merrett

#19 Edwards

#27 Fantasia

#29 Aylett

Rookies all in the 40s.  I don't believe in giving rookies high numbers, and you give your best recruit the highest available number.

Edwards to wear number 13?

would love someone to wear that number this year! its contains such great history!

would love someone to wear that number this year! its contains such great history!

You must have a better memory than me. Apart from Daisy Williams and Michael Long (Cupido doesn't rate - had the talent but never really made it) I can't think of any other class acts to wear that in my lifetime.

You must have a better memory than me. Apart from Daisy Williams and Michael Long (Cupido doesn't rate - had the talent but never really made it) I can't think of any other class acts to wear that in my lifetime.
How could you not recall Ken Mansfield in the 70's or the magnificent 2 games that Brian Brown (father of Jonathan) played in 1982 in the number 13 guernsey? Those 2 would have to rate as class acts...........well, Essendon players anyway.
Or if anybody is really old they may remember their Great Grandfather telling them about Ted McDonald, the great Australian fast bowler of the early 20th century wearing the number 13 in two games in 1912.

You must have a better memory than me. Apart from Daisy Williams and Michael Long (Cupido doesn’t rate - had the talent but never really made it) I can’t think of any other class acts to wear that in my lifetime.
Lovett would be above Cupido but still not A grade.

How could you not recall Ken Mansfield in the 70's or the magnificent 2 games that Brian Brown (father of Jonathan) played in 1982 in the number 13 guernsey? Those 2 would have to rate as class acts...........well, Essendon players anyway.
Or if anybody is really old they may remember their Great Grandfather telling them about Ted McDonald, the great Australian fast bowler of the early 20th century wearing the number 13 in two games in 1912.

98 games short of getting John Brown via f/s? Selectors were so short sighted back then...

98 games short of getting John Brown via f/s? Selectors were so short sighted back then...

Probably 48 games back them. I don't remember Brian Brown as having played a huge number of games for Fitzroy. I remember there was some issue when Matthew Lloyd was on the horizon. Carlton wanted Collo to drop the requirement to 29 games or more.

You must have a better memory than me. Apart from Daisy Williams and Michael Long (Cupido doesn’t rate - had the talent but never really made it) I can’t think of any other class acts to wear that in my lifetime.
How could you not recall Ken Mansfield in the 70’s or the magnificent 2 games that Brian Brown (father of Jonathan) played in 1982 in the number 13 guernsey? Those 2 would have to rate as class acts…well, Essendon players anyway.
98 games short of getting John Brown via f/s? Selectors were so short sighted back then…
Probably 48 games back them. I don’t remember Brian Brown as having played a huge number of games for Fitzroy. I remember there was some issue when Matthew Lloyd was on the horizon. Carlton wanted Collo to drop the requirement to 29 games or more.
Yep, 50 games was the requirement. Brian Brown played 51 for Fitzroy.

Or fellow test cricketer and EFC captain Dave Smith who wore the number during the 1911 final series. That was the first time numbers had ever been worn and Smith's number 13 was the first to appear on a VFL ground as he led his team out first.

Pretty sure Don McKenzie was listed as #13 before he took on #24. Probably never played a game in it though...I suspect 1959.

How could you not recall Ken Mansfield in the 70's or the magnificent 2 games that Brian Brown (father of Jonathan) played in 1982 in the number 13 guernsey? Those 2 would have to rate as class acts...........well, Essendon players anyway.Or if anybody is really old they may remember their Great Grandfather telling them about Ted McDonald, the great Australian fast bowler of the early 20th century wearing the number 13 in two games in 1912.
Probably 48 games back them. I don't remember Brian Brown as having played a huge number of games for Fitzroy. I remember there was some issue when Matthew Lloyd was on the horizon. Carlton wanted Collo to drop the requirement to 29 games or more.

Before going on to star in Cocktail, along side Tom Cruise.

How could you not recall Ken Mansfield in the 70's or the magnificent 2 games that Brian Brown (father of Jonathan) played in 1982 in the number 13 guernsey? Those 2 would have to rate as class acts...........well, Essendon players anyway.Or if anybody is really old they may remember their Great Grandfather telling them about Ted McDonald, the great Australian fast bowler of the early 20th century wearing the number 13 in two games in 1912.

Before going on to star in Cocktail, along side Tom Cruise.

And massaging a very naked Mimi Rogers in Full Body Massage.

Friends of mine worked with him in his actuarial days at AMP. Tight as a fish's ■■■■, was their call. So much so that they expressed surprise when he was handing out cigarettes in A Town Like Alice...only smoked OP's, was their memory. And he always bought 6th in a 6-man shout, and left after 11 beers. Ah...the good old days, when you belted down multiple pots after work on a Friday. We did it at the RACV, when it was in Queen St, which closed at 7 as far as the public bar went.

Official:

Chapman 3

Bags 12

Edwards 19

Merrett 27

Cory Del 29

Aylett 43

Thurlow 44

Rayner 45

Fantasia 46

Ambrose 47

Edit Bombers08 beat me to it.

Look on club website. Official jumper numbers are up.

Bolded are number changes

1. Michael Hibberd

2. Tom Bellchambers

3. Paul Chapman

4. Jobe Watson

5. Brent Stanton

6. Joe Daniher

7. Leroy Jetta

8. Jason Winderlich

9. Brendon Goddard

10. Nick O'Brien

11. David Zahrakis

12. Mark Baguley

14. Jason Ashby

15. Courtenay Dempsey

16. Tayte Pears

17. Jake Melksham

18. Michael Hurley

19. Shaun Edwards

20. Jackson Merrett

21. Dyson Heppell

22. Jake Carlisle

23. David Myers

24. Alex Browne

25. Ariel Steinberg

26. Cale Hooker

27. Zach Merrett

28. Elliott Kavanagh

29. Cory Dell'Olio

30. Patrick Ryder

31. Dustin Fletcher

32. Travis Colyer

33. Dylan Van Unen

34. Kyle Hardingham

35. Martin Gleeson

36. Lauchlan Dalgleish

37. Sean Gregory

38. Nick Kommer

39. Heath Hocking

40. Ben Howlett

41. Will Hams

43. Kurt Aylett

44. Fraser Thurlow

45. Johnny Raynor

46. Orazio Fantasia

47. Patrick Ambrose

Dell'Ollio seems a strange change, still being a rookie.   Never seen a rookie get an upgrade before on any lists.

Thought with Fantasia being on the main list, that number would be his.

Dell'Ollio seems a strange change, still being a rookie.   Never seen a rookie get an upgrade before on any lists.

Thought with Fantasia being on the main list, that number would be his.

Daleglish had to be elevated due to it being his last year on the list! I assume Dell'ollio as a mature age was offered his 3rd year as a rookie, with the presumption that he will be listed in 2015!  

Bamb6BaCMAEIWe2.jpg

■■■ Dell. Fire up.