Jumper Numbers

We have two highly celebrated and esteemed jumper numbers coming up for the grabs this season.

Do we think 4 & 5 will be given to incoming players or will they be given to youngsters already on the list?

My thoughts are

4 - Langford - heir apparent, this will not only signifify what we think of Kyle but also who’s shoes we want him to fill.

5 - Controversial one, but Conor McKenna. I have no doubt this boy can be a great of the Essendon Football club, and the 4 year contract solidifys how invested both parties are in each other.

What are other peoples thoughts? And for those that come on here and say jumper numbers don’t matter and who cares, please refrain. Jumper numbers mean a lot to a lot of people, especially youngsters who like to emulate their heroes.

My thoughts are - don’t hand out prized numbers until a player proves themselves outstanding.

6 Likes

I was thinking the other day that McKenna would look good in the 5.

1 Like

Like McGrath, Parish & Francis?

2 Likes

#4 - Jake Stringer

1 Like

Well McKenna’s currently 45, so give him 4 and 5, he can alternate between them.

9 Likes

Kelly in #5 for mine.

2 Likes

He retired you muppet.

3 Likes

Not sure if srs. Funny either way.

3 Likes

I want Conor in 5

I actually really like that idea too.

Stringer gets 4

Itshappening.gif

2 Likes

Langford no where near no 4 thanks

4 Likes

sit the numbers out for a year…but then again in pure blitz fashion lets give them to players then constantly whine complain after a poor performance they don’t deserve to wera the number…

1 Like

#5.

2 Likes

People that grow up around european sport understand the significance of numbers. I don’;t think conor would underestimate the expectation that comes with the #5.

1 Like

McGrath to 5, Mckenna to 1, Stringer to 4, Lav/Lang/Matt Kennedy fights for 9 when Goddard retires.

2 Likes

Bullshit. I’m going to his gig in November.

2 Likes

5 Stringer
4 Fantasia
13 Long

Yeah, I like that… I would also like McKenna to #10 but can’t think of what number I would give Francis.