June Training Sessions

Essendon Football Club welcomes fans to its skills training session throughout the 2015 season.

The following dates will be open to fans during June:

10:15am - Thursday 4th June

10:15am - Friday 5th June (Captain’s Run)

10:15am - Thursday 11th June

9:30am - Friday 12th June (Captain’s Run)

10:15am - Saturday 20th June

10:15am - Thursday 25th June

10:30am - Friday 26th June (Captain’s Run)

Please note there will be limited autograph opportunities following these sessions.

We apologies in advance for any late changes to the training schedule and will endeavor to inform fans of any changes as soon as possible.

Never miss another training session. Download our eCal to get all the dates straight into your phone.

All of the above sessions will be held at the True Value Solar Centre.

Never been to a training session before but find myself in Melbourne tomorrow and friday. What is the difference between a captains run and just a normal training session? Also how long do they usually run for? Cheers!

Never been to a training session before but find myself in Melbourne tomorrow and friday. What is the difference between a captains run and just a normal training session? Also how long do they usually run for? Cheers!

Captains run is generally a short and light session the day or last session before a game. Usually 30 to 45 minutes or so.

Normal training varies in time, but usually goes for at least an hour, often longer.

Essendon Football Club welcomes fans and invites players to its skills training session throughout the 2015 season.
Essendon Football Club welcomes fans and invites players to its skills training session throughout the 2015 season.

They turn up to training. Just not every second game.

Think I might rock down tomorrow and have a look.

Cheers for that Zimmer. The post mentions an autograph session, do the players come up at the end for a few minutes? Would love to get a signature or two on the old gurnsey!

Cheers for that Zimmer. The post mentions an autograph session, do the players come up at the end for a few minutes? Would love to get a signature or two on the old gurnsey!

Yep, just hang around the boundary, they’ll come up at the end.

Think I might rock down tomorrow and have a look.

Which one will you be?