Justin Rodski New Storm CEO

10 years working in sport including working though arguably the biggest drama ever faced by a sporting club in Australia. I assume that leaves him fairly well qualified for the role.

3 Likes

Hahah indeed

LOL it’s as if they’re trying to paint him as a Goebbels-like figure.

Goneski

1 Like

It’s an accurate point of reference for opposition supporters. As pointed out in this thread, the experience probably helped get him the Storm gig.

1 Like

Can anyone recall if he used to post on blitz when he first started? I may have him confused with someone else, but I remember a guy starting with us who had worked with a NFL club and was focused on fan engagement, making home games feel more red’n’black, etc. was that Rodski?

I think that was a dude from Canada that had come into the team and was after thoughts from memory

1 Like

That was Ryan McKee

4 Likes

I think you might be right, Canada rings a bell and it might have even been ice hockey. I think he came up with (or stole) the idea for the PA system outside the games (as you arrived on game day) calling out highlights from old games… e.g. “Llooooodddyyyy!!”

1 Like

Yeah as their media man. I’ve seen him speak many times at President’s lunches etc. Never saw him as CEO material

He has worked more recently in commercial roles so I suspect he now has a well rounded experience in sporting club land.

I remember 10 years ago when he was giving shonky interviews to Dean Wallis and co. as the “junior media guy” on Bomber TV. Went up a couple levels then got thrust significant responsiblity as part of the saga, and I think he did a really good job. Quite the rise and well deserved. A massive professional accomplishment. Go well Justin.

1 Like

Probably because you don’t have his CV, haven’t tracked his education levels, haven’t any idea of his experience levels and haven’t interviewed him for the job.

So yes I can see how you would have no idea at all, just like most people in a footy forum.

4 Likes

This is a forum where the GM of Footy was once called a “wank middle management role”. I don’t think many on here have a clue

3 Likes

He’s had a bit of a hiccup in messaging at the Storm, ol’ J Rod.

Four days ago they said Cronk was only there at the club as a corporate ambassador and now they’ve come clean and admitted he’s on the books in a mentoring role to some of the players.

All while he is one of the coaches at the Sydney Roosters :sweat_smile:

good to see he brought good governance with him.

1 Like

Eesh. Not a great look when you’re keeping the previous CEO out of a job over IP.