Kayo sports

Still waiting for PS4/5/Xbox version.

Yes, sorry. Has everything I need with easy to use interface etc

I have endless problems with Kayo streaming from an ipad or iphone through a Chromecast. You just can’t control the thing once you hit play. Half the time when I open my phone, the phone overrides where the tv is streaming and rewinds it to the time in the stream when the phone was last open or simply forces a rewind to the start. So I resort to voice commands through Google home, which is infuriatingly repetitive an only works half the time.

Kayo tech support seem totally confused and keep sending the same proforma tech support email and ask me to turn it off and on again. I even sent videos of it screwing up and they replied that they didn’t understand the issue I was describing.

This is on a setup that perfectly runs Netflix, Disney+, Stan, ABC, SBS, you name it.

Worst app experience I’ve ever had. No exaggeration. If there was any other way to view these games, even at a higher price, I’d ditch Kayo in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Why don’t you use AppleTV if you want to stream via an iPad/phone?

I shouldn’t have to purchase another device just because Kayo can’t sync to a Chromecast that they explicitly state that they support. Apple devices stream everything else to chromecast without issue, Kayo is the only thing I’ve ever had problems with.

1 Like

OK

1. The interface is crap. You can select “favourite sports” but although they show on the screen the moment you touch a control it reverts to the whole menu and then you have to scroll through all the options.
  2. When you finally get the game you want to watch, they helpfully present an option. “An” as in one. So you have to select that, which is watch from the start. Not helpful if you had already started watching
  3. No facility to pause the game once started. If you have to leave the room the best you can do is put it on slo-mo so you don’t miss too much while out
  4. No live scrolling in advancing the game. If you want to fast forward you just have to guess where you want to get too. This usually means you over- or under- shoot where you want to be.
  5. etc etc.

Also, not an interface issue, but they advertise they have MLB games. As far as I can tell, they have 1 game a day, then delete it so if there was something that you wanted to see from yesterday, then bad luck. But you can watch little league games ad infinitum or ABL from last January.

i’ve used kayo (among other services) on a raspberry pi running osmc for the better part of two years, and have never had an issue, not even mild buffering

/brag

1 Like

This is the exact issue I have, and other users have also mentioned it.

1 Like

because mlb don’t let them have games on demand and would rather you use mlb.tv

Yes of course, but then they shouldn’t have advertising that implies they do show these games. Even their interface in the MLB section has logos of all the MLB teams, suggesting that you can see those games, but it’s all fake news.

soooooooo… don’t promote mlb games being on espn, even though they are?

1 Like

shut up nerd

1 Like

They do similar with the EPL, including it in the sports they have because they’ve got Arsenal or Chelsea channels, which show some of their EPL games on replay. I’ve no issue with them advertising on that basis, as long as its clear that is all you’re getting. But I’m not sure it is very clear.

LIVE UNITED VS LIVERPOOL

its not live ■■■■■■■■■, no soccer game in england is being played at 3pm aus time

I had Foxtel sports
Signed up with Kayo instead for footy season
First game had issues
Cancelled Kayo
Got Foxtel Sports again
Never had an issue with it!

1 Like

At the reduced price I still think with its issues Kayo is a better option than Foxtel.

Trying to watch anything on Chromecast is horrible.

It’s always buffering.

Plays for 10 seconds, then buffers, plays for 10 seconds, then buffers.

I have to watch games on my phone or MacBook.

1 Like

I understand that Foxtel is more expensive, but I’m very impatient. Just ask Ned Cahill.

I don’t have that issue with my Chromecast. Every now and then it goes a bit blurry, no idea if it would be doing the same on the small screen.

It’s odd because I can stream from other apps, including Binge.