Kayo sports

1 Like

I got the “global rate exceeded” thing at the start of the third.

Let’s get this clear, Rupert and Telstra: your ■■■■■■■ global rate us your ■■■■■■■ problem, not mine. I give you money, you owe me service. The nature of your service requires no goodwill from me to you. Your service us ■■■■, whereas the advertised service you sold me makes no mention of being ■■■■

Your job isn’t even difficult. ■■■■■■■ DO IT.

7 Likes

Its like when Optus did the world cup and cooked it the first day because “we didn’t anticipate the demand”

2 Likes

What I want is an apology and recognition.

I recorded the game on Foxtel and the coverage started more than half way through the second quarter.
I missed almost half the game.

7 Likes

It’s also like when the Libs wanted everyone to do the census online at the same time but did not allow anywhere enough bandwidth, so then blamed the shutdown on evil hackers doing a DDOS attack.

Hi. I am new here (well…actually I used to use the forum in the early 2000’s - under my old username - I even wrote some previews for the main page back in the day). I still read posts on a daily basis and live and breathe all things ‘Essendon’. On the subject of Kayo, I was hoping people could help me gather a bit of data by completing a short survey for my Uni study (user-centred design). The survey relates to the usability of the Kayo IOS app. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

https://forms.office.com/r/QMBfe1VA1G

1 Like

Welcome back. I use AppleTV not a phone app. Does that count? Kayo has a REALLY crap interface!

1 Like

The interface isn’t half as bad as the general streaming quality, and how it forgets its casted to the Chromecast.

1 Like

I’ve given up waiting on a ps4 app for kayo. I think fox keeps the quality low to try and stop the rot from their full service offering.

I have had kayo app on my 4K fire stick for a year or so now and works a treat. A mate at work picked it up for me from the USA as the 4K ones were not available in Australia until recently. He put the kayo app on for me but needs to be updated every now and then and there is a few steps to go through to do it but managed to update myself recently with some notes from guy at work. I just got a new Samsung TV and the kayo app is already installed and the tv has an ethernet cable plug straight into the modem so don’t need to use wifi. So much better. The fire stick shi ts all over the Google Chrome and picked another one up from Amazon on special yesterday.

2 Likes

My brother has FoxtelGo, and says that’s also not great.

Can you use the firestick to control all your apps? One of the things I’ve found at the moment with Chromecast and Optus, some things I’m running through the TV, some through Fetch (Stan, Netflix, Optus Sports) and some through Chromecast (Kayo, Disney+). Its damn annoying.

Thank you!

Unfortunately for the survey, I just need IOS users, however feel free to post any general suggestions and I should be able to incorporate that into my final report/analysis.

Yes you can install all of the apps you have on the firestick and use just that. Our other tv in the rumpus room is a Sony smart tv but we run everything off the firestick. The quality is great as well. Better than the tv. We have had prime, Netflix, Disney, YouTube apps 7plus and all the rest of local channels. Our tv remote even controls the firestick so we don’t need to use the firestick one if we don’t want. The new 4K firestick was on sale yesterday for $59 but is usually $99.

1 Like

Hmm, on Amazon its saying you can’t download Kayo onto it. But you’ve done so successfully?

I don’t suppose you know how good/bad Google TV is in comparison?

Google TV is great for Kayo. I haven’t had any issues with streaming and easy to scroll through the live sports etc. I used a Chromecast before, but Google TV seems to be much smoother.

3 Likes

You can download Kayo but you have to search for kayo through the downloader app and select browser. Last week I sent the notes to a guy we used to work with and he put it on his firestick and it’s working now. I am happy to pass on if you do get one.

chromecast w/ google tv?