KB goes whack

Shock news - KB calls for rules changes.
Seriously, every time Patrick Smith farts in his studio in the mornings, the bloke reckons it's a disaster that needs to be addressed by the rules of the game committee. Senile old ■■■■■■■.
And frankly, I disagree with the old dufflecoated cliche of 'the game was a better spectacle in the 80s!' Bull. Low skilled, plodding, hack it forward and hope maybe someone'll take a mark, interminable rolling mauls played in mudpits, haunted by skill-less thugs on the team purely for their ability to break the jaw of a better and braver ball player. The 'classic footy' replays that we see now are only the best games, remember - it shouldn't blind everyone to what your average early 80s St Kilda vs Fitzroy shitfest was really like.
The game as it is now has some issues, but jeez it's a lot better than it used to be.

Great post HM (as always)!

if they want one on ones everywhere, make the ground a checkerboard pattern, only two players allowed per square, done. 

There is a homeless guy who sleeps in a bus shelter down the road from me. He’s clearly crazy, and smells quite funky.

His opinions on footy are far more relevant that KB’s.

There is a homeless guy who sleeps in a bus shelter down the road from me. He's clearly crazy, and smells quite funky.
His opinions on footy are far more relevant that KB's.

Is it just a coincidence that they both support Richmond?

There is a homeless guy who sleeps in a bus shelter down the road from me. He's clearly crazy, and smells quite funky.

Actually, homeless guy wears a Collingwood scarf...

Actually, homeless guy wears a Collingwood scarf...
My entire world view has been blown apart. No, I can rationalise this... Just give me time.

What is it with him and rule changes and why do they feel the need to keep tinkering with the game? also, what is this unhealthy insecurity about soccer taking over the world?

Who cares how popular soccer becomes, AFL is a totally different game, if they want to keep people interested, how about making games affordable again not just worrying about how many billions they can screw out of the television rights. They've lost touch with what sport is about.

What is it with him and rule changes and why do they feel the need to keep tinkering with the game? also, what is this unhealthy insecurity about soccer taking over the world?
Who cares how popular soccer becomes, AFL is a totally different game, if they want to keep people interested, how about making games affordable again not just worrying about how many billions they can screw out of the television rights. They've lost touch with what sport is about.

Unfortunately it is all about the mighty dollar these days. Slightly off topic but related to the advertising dollar. On Sunday night up in level P two security guys who looked like they were straight out of the mafia came flying up and looking around like they were on a mission. Then they spotted their prey and pounced......some kid had made the ultimate mistake. He had hung his scarf over the railing and it may have covered a tiny portion of an advertising hoarding. The way these two heavies were carrying on and talking on their walkie talkies you would have thought they were searching for a murderer.

That's not something to be taken lightly, the letter G in GIO is probably worth half a million bucks

If it's still played like this in 5 years time then I'll agree with him.

Maybe KB would like it better if we made the game more like netball? Have players restricted into certain areas, thereby preserving the 1 on 1 element?

Seriously, KB is a fool.  Soccer won't take over from AFL.  Australia needs to be successful on the international stage for an extended period for that to happen.  And it won't.  You only have to look at the TV ratings to see that 1 - A-League just simply doesn't draw numbers, and 2- the last World Cup was well down on the previous.  It's one of those sports we only care about when we're winning. 

You are all as usual missing the point and playing the man without much justification.

It is indeed the coaches that have royally screwed the game and it looks ■■■■■■■ terrible.

Here is a real rule change that would make the game better.

For a mark to be paid, the ball must travel a distance of 40 metres..not 10 or 15 which as we have all seen, is impossible to measure. With a centre square 45 metres and the 50 metre arc, you have a good idea of what 40 metres looks like.

That last paragraph is just retarded. Sorry Pazza.

You are all as usual missing the point and playing the man without much justification.
It is indeed the coaches that have royally screwed the game and it looks ******* terrible.
For a mark to be paid, the ball must travel a distance of 40 metres..not 10 or 15 which as we have all seen, is impossible to measure. With a centre square 45 metres and the 50 metre arc, you have a good idea of what 40 metres looks like.

Piazza goes WHACK.
Seriously, I can't see how that will make the game better in any way.
Maybe putting names on jumpers would work, make it easier for fans.

It is indeed the coaches that have royally screwed the game and it looks ******* terrible.

Are you already on the rules committee Pazza?
There have been some bizarre changes in recent years and this would fit that mould just nicely.

Well I'll be damned.

well thats our game plan ■■■■■■ then.

Soccer will not overtake footy ,abbott has stopped the boats

Multiball!

That's the worst idea since the 'jump to conclusions' mat.