Kurt Aylett

Bloke needs his own thread.

How are his footskills? I thought I read somewhere he is an inside mid but HM has him as more outside?

I also predict with Myers coming on, he will be the new David Myers in the eyes of Blitz.

descus

I saw a little of Aylett in the TAC cup/u18s. Not much, but some.
I'll have to go back through my notes to be 100% sure (which are all on the BF draft/trade board since the Great Blitz Crash of 2013...) but from what I remember - absolute ball magnet, got loads of it every game with a couple of possession counts in the 40s for the Rebels. Not conspicuously fast, but just got into space over and over again. Exceptional endurance. Kicking etc - ok. Hard to judge since he was a pretty outside player, but not a real standout in the disposal department, not a libility either. Decisionmaking etc under pressure - again, hard to judge because he spent so much time in space (and it was a long time ago and my memory is leaky...)
I remember being slightly annoyed that GWS had zone selection rights to him, more that they were whittling away at the midfield depth of the draft and affecting who was available with our 3rd roudners etc, rather than that they got gifted a steal or anything. I think I rated him as a late 2nd rounder at the earliest. Just didn't really have the standout quality to push him further up the order.

There you go HM. Bugger re typing it.

Did you see that masked mod?
(cheers, whoever you are...)

All I know about the kid is his injury history and that he can use the ball well, breaks the lines with elite endurance. Those traits are what we are looking forward and for pick 48, very excited.

On the bandwagon.

All I know about the kid is his injury history and that he can use the ball well, breaks the lines with elite endurance. Those traits are what we are looking forward and for pick 48, very excited.

Hardly a huge history is it?

He did a knee in late 2011 and recovered from it in 2012.

2013 was his first season back from it.

Hardly a huge history is it?
He did a knee in late 2011 and recovered from it in 2012.
2013 was his first season back from it.
Made his debut in 2012
Played NEAFL last year

Kid looks like Jake Carlisle… BIG TIME.
http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/silverstone-feed-data/5e00cf1f-c346-4353-ba78-ffa89601fc56.jpg

After the Crows' appallingly disrespectful tweet it is incumbent on our PR people to give fans some more info on why they picked him with quotes from Dodoro. It is critical that Aylett's name is never pigeonholed with the "set of steak knives" tag. I would love it if we could read about how they wanted Aylett for a while and were impressed by him during his junior footy days.

As for Adelaide - shame on you!

Have to admit, that was my first thought when I saw:

aylett_kurt_o.png

Ok, maybe minus the "BIG TIME", but there is still a resemblance.

After the Crows' appallingly disrespectful tweet it is incumbent on our PR people to give fans some more info on why they picked him with quotes from Dodoro. It is critical that Aylett's name is never pigeonholed with the "set of steak knives" tag. I would love it if we could read about how they wanted Aylett for a while and were impressed by him during his junior footy days.

As for Adelaide - shame on you!

Nah, just: suffer in yer jocks.

whats his nick name?

DOC

or...

LITTLE THINGS THAT YOUR SHOELACES GO THROUGH

aylett_kurt_o.png

Too much orange.

What was the tweet?

So was he third rounder originally?
What draft pick, pleas?
And Edwards?

So was he third rounder originally?
What draft pick, pleas?
And Edwards?

Look it up and get back to us.

The next few yars going to very interesting with players being SPAT out of GC and GWS. They have all the talent but you can not fit it all in one team. Teams will win premierships in next 4 years with help of once GWS/GC listed players.

I might have gotten mixed up about one thing - I think it was Miles, rather than Aylett, who had the big 40-touch games at TAC level. The rest seems as I remember it though.

whats his nick name?

Captain Kurt!