Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

Hawks have won 3 out of the last 5 against the bulldogs

Only just last year and 10 goals the year before

1 Like

Doggies are vastly better than the Dawks this year, vastly. Anyone thinking they (Dawks) will win is living in Clarko’s mind.

1 Like

Because most premiership winning teams were only able to do so after making the finals.

3 Likes

Hahaha - surely you jest with Essendon this year!!

Don’t do this to yourself, please. Our season has been over for a while now, we are going to get smashed by Port and make Melbourne look awesome.

It’s over!! Just finish us…

Just stating the facts

2 Likes

That’s fine for teams that have a chance at winning a premiership. Not us.

Why do it to yourselves?

1 Like

I can only speak for myself but…

I’ve been locked indoors for 6 months. I literally have nothing better to do!

4 Likes

You must be the ever optimist!

It’s like death by a thousand cuts.

If it gives you a glimmer of hope, go nuts.

I can’t get myself to come around to entertaining the thought

2 Likes

Out of all the teams outside of the 8, except the Bulldogs, the clubs have had a really poor year. Usually there’s a gap between the bad clubs and the clubs that have had shockers. This year is there is not much difference between last and 10th.

LOL @ GWS.

My verdict is our % drops further, touch and go if us or north are 2nd worst % wise

The way i see it dogs, gws and pies all need to fall in a heap. And we need to miraculously win our last 2.

Essendon fans: we couldn’t be more disappointed…

The GWS fan: hold my beer.

2 Likes

It seems I understated our potential:

Complete with elimination final against St Kilda.

Again used my discretion in awarding 65 point wins to us and losses of this magnitude to our rivals when it served our purpose, in other words, real world modelling using a super computer.

6 Likes

So…if we win our last two… .

I was actually surprised that it’s possible - there are two scenarios in which we can play finals:

We need to beat Port & Melbourne.
We need GWS to lose to Melbourne.
We need the Bulldogs to lose to Hawthorn & Freo
Or,
If GWS beat Melbourne, we need Collingwood to get belted twice and we have 2 big wins.

Or to put it more simply, as soon as 2 out of Collingwood, GWS and Bulldogs have a win or a draw, we are cactus.

The good news is with the first scenario we don’t need to worry about percentage. 1 point wins are enough!

If we can miraculously go from being a poor side to a top notch team and a few good sides can suddenly be as hopeless as we are for the next two weeks then we can theoretically have the opportunity to get pumped in another final. Im actually really excited

1 Like

This was posted on FB. Could you imagine if all of that falls into place…and then Carlton have a shock win against the Lions and take our spot?? :disappointed_relieved::joy: