Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

are they matey with jakey now

Dalgleish 2.0

???

Based on one game?

From the little I have seen, they are kind of similar. Absolutely rapid with a long penetrating kick. Both extremely quick, but you wouldnā€™t pick it by the way they play. Seems like both are/were confused about when to use there pace. Another comment above seems reasonable that perhaps morgan is reluctant to go full tilt at this point in time, but as confidence grows, reluctancy goes away.

EDIT: Was also a joke

Dalgleish 2.0

???

Based on one game?

Completely agree. Heā€™s had zero continuity in between injuries.

Fwiw I already prefer the little Iā€™ve seen of Morgan over dalgliesch. Morgan is prepared to hold it in traffic and back himself. He seems a good judge of how much time he has and uses it well.

He had a few very good moments in the vfl on the weekend and Looks a more natural footballer than dal ever did. Will look forward to seeing how he progress over the next two years.

A future backline of

Ashby Hartley Francis
Tippa hurls Morgan

Has a lot to like about it

Alex MorGUMB

As opposed to Alex More-Gun

Fwiw I already prefer the little I've seen of Morgan over dalgliesch. Morgan is prepared to hold it in traffic and back himself. He seems a good judge of how much time he has and uses it well.

He had a few very good moments in the vfl on the weekend and Looks a more natural footballer than dal ever did. Will look forward to seeing how he progress over the next two years.

A future backline of

Ashby Hartley Francis
Tippa hurls Morgan

Iā€™ll give you one thing Ivan, youā€™re sticking strongly on the Ashby bus. There arenā€™t many people left. I expect heā€™ll get delisted barring a huge finish to the year.
I hope in a few years you get to say I told you so.

Fwiw I already prefer the little I've seen of Morgan over dalgliesch. Morgan is prepared to hold it in traffic and back himself. He seems a good judge of how much time he has and uses it well.

A future backline of

Ashby Hartley Francis
Tippa hurls Morgan

Iā€™ll give you one thing Ivan, youā€™re sticking strongly on the Ashby bus. There arenā€™t many people left. I expect heā€™ll get delisted barring a huge finish to the year.

I just like his attitude and I think it sets him apart from just about every other flanker on the list. He is just a natural competitor (in the mold of hibbo and bags who were both late to get onto a list) and I think the stuff he needs to work on heā€™ll work on.

Add to that bags is 28 and a warrior whose body could catch with him in the blink of the eye.

Weā€™ve re-rookied far worse players than Ashby. I have him firmly in the persist category

A future backline of

Ashby Hartley Francis
Tippa hurls Morgan

I just like his attitude and I think it sets him apart from just about every every flanker on the list. He is just a natural competitor (in the mold of hibbo and bags who were both late to get onto a list) and I think the stuff he needs to work on heā€™ll work on.

Add to that bags is 28 and a warrior whose body could catch with him in the blink of the eye.

Weā€™ve re-rookied far worse players than Ashby. I have him firmly in the persist category

You make some good points. Hopefully he gets a chance before the year is out.

We've had our troubles with guys who have absolute elite pace, to get past their injury concerns. I'm no physio, but could it have something to do with fast twitch muscle fibre players trying to play an endurance sport?

Dempsey had huge problems early in his career. When he hit 90% speed, guaranteed heā€™d pop a hamstring. He eventually dropped his acceleration speed.
Then thereā€™s guys like Winderlich and Dalgleish. Who we just couldnā€™t get on the park. Iā€™m sure there are other players I canā€™t think of.

Have been wondering about his progress, had not heard much of him on EFC site - reminded me in draft footage, of Andrew Mcleod the way he moves. Maybe something to do with his individual body mechanics - remember Cyril had lots of hammies, and they had to teach him a new way of running?
Possibly similar, and yes, I have a physio background. Sometimes tendons insert in slightly different places (and so act more like adductor for eg) which throws out mechanics and therefore programs need to be tailor made, if physio understands it.

Bring on the Mad Dog!

Legit forgot we drafted this guy

I see no difference between him and Dalgleish. Will likely end up the same way.

In what way?

In what way?

Speedy half back type player. I watch him in the VFL and while I know heā€™s had some injuries, he just doesnā€™t seem to do much. Certainly nothing that Dalgleish already didnā€™t do, and he was injured just as much early on.

can kick with both feet.

already more useful than dalgliesh.

Yeah except he is 3-4 years younger and already has superior skills

What exactly are you basing your comments on? The kid has not even played a game.

Yestin says for you To. Shut. Up. cause that guy is so much faster than him.

We are happy to give Connor 3-4 years to develope because of his insane athletic capability . Shouldnā€™t this kid be afforded the same opportunity. Especially considering he is a better athlete with game sense and can kick in both sides.

But early to be pigeonholing the bloke!

We are happy to give Connor 3-4 years to develope because of his insane athletic capability . Shouldn't this kid be afforded the same opportunity. Especially considering he is a better athlete with game sense and can kick in both sides.

But early to be pigeonholing the bloke!

Absolutely ridiculous to be assessing him in any way at this point.