Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

Seriously has some speed, great evasiveness and can hit a target. Looks to have a solid build on him too

LIKE! Just watched some clips - Super impressedā€¦ If he can stay focused this guy will be a legend.

Was a bit surprised when they read his name out ahead of Balic, bonner and mathieson. But after watching his highlights tape, wow kids exciting.

Interesting fact.

He is running at 100% kicking efficiency since 4 years of age*

I wrote this on Novermber 6:

A player that could slip to 57 but should be considered with one of our earlier picks is Alex Morgan. One of the very few clear line breakers in the draft. As quick as lightning. Very tidy by foot (did much of the kick outs during Champs). Elite agility and good game sense.

As funny as it sounds, he is an incredible handballer. He uses it as a weapon rather than a means to get rid of the ball before being tackled.

His knocks are not insubstantial. He walked out of the game last year causing some recruiters to wonder whether or not his passion for the game isnā€™t set in stone. After all, he could do it again. Heā€™s also been a tad inconsistent and had has his share of niggles. His tank isnā€™t wonderful either, accounting for the fact that he has been played off the hbf, where his best position could be the wing.

But I reckon he could be a draft find. Not many in this pool can do what he can. And that year out of the game can be seen as a positive - it means he is 1 year less mature than others game style wise.

I wrote this on Novermber 6:

A player that could slip to 57 but should be considered with one of our earlier picks is Alex Morgan. One of the very few clear line breakers in the draft. As quick as lightning. Very tidy by foot (did much of the kick outs during Champs). Elite agility and good game sense.

As funny as it sounds, he is an incredible handballer. He uses it as a weapon rather than a means to get rid of the ball before being tackled.

His knocks are not insubstantial. He walked out of the game last year causing some recruiters to wonder whether or not his passion for the game isnā€™t set in stone. After all, he could do it again. Heā€™s also been a tad inconsistent and had has his share of niggles. His tank isnā€™t wonderful either, accounting for the fact that he has been played off the hbf, where his best position could be the wing.

But I reckon he could be a draft find. Not many in this pool can do what he can. And that year out of the game can be seen as a positive - it means he is 1 year less mature than others game style wise.

Great post in early November. I hadnā€™t heard a lot of him and certainly our interest was kept quiet from the people I talk to

Like the look of him. Obviously has some toe, but looks a good decision maker too, with a handy kick. Reckon he will become a big favourite. Got a feeling heā€™ll be an Essendon player for a long time to come.

Poise and awareness with good decision making and skills. Tick.
Finally decision making and a solid skill base are higher priorities for our draft picks.
Sick of a decade of mindless midfield disposal combinations resulting in too many rushed kicks forward or a turnover.

I was just going to say - what are the knocks? Did him bailing on footy really let him slide that much? Fast as lightning and his kicking looks really good. Does he go missing?

I was just going to say - what are the knocks? Did him bailing on footy really let him slide that much? Fast as lightning and his kicking looks really good. Does he go missing?

Not really. His three knocks are commitment because of having previously quit the game, being a 19y/o he is one year older and he had 2 hamstring injuries this year. Players who get multiple hammies in their teens are to be considered some sort of risk.

looks like most clever player we drafted, and going from his tests, maybe our quickest. Could be anything. His ability stand still in the middle of action is pretty cool too. See how he handles afl speed tho, will not have so much time. Faintly reminiscent of Hird.
Might be anything this kid. Worth a punt, tho I am not abreast with what our options were at that time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUkN7tmUcAA8asY.png:orig

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNSSSSS

Looks a bit likeā€™

http://playerpix.gayfooty.com.au/albums/AFL/Essendon/Mark%20Mercuri/normal_mercuri4.jpg

Forest Hill lad?
Joint is a curse for hammies.

He is pure class. Love the way he can change direction and pick the right option. Could play anywhere with his skills and evasion. I thought initially a good small forward but he would be wasted down there i think. Looks to have a real footy brain.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUkN7tmUcAA8asY.png:orig

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNSSSSS

Looks a bit likeā€™

http://playerpix.gayfooty.com.au/albums/AFL/Essendon/Mark%20Mercuri/normal_mercuri4.jpg

Looks more like Robin Nahas.

Imagine tippa orazio him and coyler dashing from the back line holy crap look at that pace

Flashbacks.
Arghhhhhh!

Welcome Alex. Guns and all!