Let there be drums!

A friend has these and wants to know model, and price.

From what I can tell, Catalina Club Rock 2004-2007. Can’t get a read on price. I want to buy, but not fork out too much.

Anyone shed light on exact model/year?!

How many drums Fella?

It’s just the two. He reckons 13 inch rack and 18 inch floor

Looks like they’ve seen much better days from those photos. And as it’s only parts of a kit I’d be very circumspect. Is he actually asking for offers or are you doing the wary sniffing around? And why are you chasing those drums in particular? To compliment a kit you have or do you just like the look/sound of Gretsch? If you can get out of it for a few hundred you’ve scored well. Above that and it’s questionable.

1 Like

Brought my soon to be 2yo his first drum kit. My drum kit is up in the attic, not a day goes by where he drags me to the hallway and points upwards, wanting to play the drums. He absolutely loves the kit but just can’t reach much of it :joy:

Got him a DP Kit, Australian made. Was only $250 but that’s all he needs currently. It’s a 5 piece, and should last him until he is 5/6.

Can’t wait to set it up for him in another month. He already seems to know what might be in the box :joy:

8 Likes

Good to have another young one join the club. Welcome!

Yeah, just on a selfish note all this lockdown crap is keeping me off the kit… I’ve put together a little power trio and the lockdowns hit pretty much right as one of us books a rehearsal room. Tough to get any momentum that way. I’m renting so I can’t really set them up in my house and there’s no space anyway.

Really need my house build to get going…

1 Like

Been meaning to reply to your solid advice. I had a look and they aren’t for me. My mate would have taken $80 for them, but the sizes are way bigger than I like to play. I play with a 12 inch rack and 14 inch floor.

Anyway, I will contribute with this snare I made a few lockdown ago.

1 Like

Ooh nice! What’s the specs? Looks like PDP-DW hardware.

My latest indulgence

Joined a blues cover band in response to an ad put out by a guitarist/singer. I knew his bass player and we brought in an excellent harp player. Spent a month rehearsing and then he sends us a ‘yeah,nah’ email. Given he was the actual weak point I found it a bit cheeky. Starting to really tire of blokes whose capabilities don’t match their ego.

Funny how often the leader / starter of the band is the worst musician in the group. My experience has also verified this phenomenon repeatedly.

1 Like

I’ve played with bigger.

2 Likes

Show us ya rack :wink:

My drum kit has been unloved for many years. She’s followed me around everywhere but it’s always been a one way relationship.

Until today. I’ve grabbed out the tin foil and WD40 and currently in the process of scrubbing all the surface rust off. And there’s lots of dust and everything on it. I’ve also purchased myself some Remo Powerstroke Coated skins, a snare wire, kick beaters and a few other things.

Can’t wait to restore her to her former glory. Once retail opens I need to purchase a rack or get my Tom arm restored and she’ll be as good as new.

3 Likes

Finally got the drums, cymbals and hardware all polished up. Just needing my roklok Tom holder fixed and it’s as good as new. But for the moment I’m playing it as a 4-piece.

The neighbours aren’t to impressed though. Apparently trying to watch tv between 4pm and 6pm on a Saturday…:man_shrugging::man_facepalming::rage:

3 Likes

Hey it’s a lefty

2 Likes

Left handed: Drums, kicking footy, tennis, boxing, writing, bowling.

Right handed: Guitar, golf, batting in cricket, cutting with scissors :man_shrugging:

But left is definitely my dominant

Chess and draughts ?.asking for a friend.

Give us a run through of your cymbal set up please @Sconzie - you, like me, seem to have no brand loyalty!

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve just thought if you like the sound of it, why not? I don’t have an endorsement, so no need for loyalty. I can love them all. Haha

My previous kit I had Zildjian, but this kit I decided to get the Sabian HHX set as the sound worked with the style I play and in general sounded awesome, looked awesome and around the budget I was looking to spend. 14” hats, 16” crash and an 18” extreme crash and 20” ride.

I loved Zildjian K and needed a splash, not much science behind that one :joy:

And the Zildjian Oriental 18” China “Trash” was such a trashy sound I loved it!

I also started using my double kick a bit and wanted some heavy high hats on my hydraulic stand so I purchased the Paiste hats. I loved them that much they’ve become my main hats while the others sit on the floor until I get some clamps repaired/replaced.