Lid Off 2014! The Mutley thread

year of the gumby !

Shame about 2013. Was very bad for the obvious reason, but fark there were some great, emotional wins. ANZAC day I will never forget. Being 20 and not remembering anything of 2000, that was something very special to be there and see. The games against Carlton were special, especially the second one. The games in Perth, especially the one against Freo. Hird under fire, 6 goals down and we were the only team to beat them over there all year.

Don't be too quick to dismiss 2013, it will shape our future.

ANZAC day was my best experience at a football game I think. 

'85 GF for me. Awesome.

'85 GF for me. Awesome.

Wish I was around for that, watched the DVD about 500 times

261.gif

Gumby next year (at Essendon I hope).

Would be there for me, as well as The Comeback Game, both were special.

1984 for me (after 19 years) - that come from behind victory just beats 1993 when it was unexpected by everyone in the press (and it was against Carlton!!)

COME AT US

'85 GF for me. Awesome.

Better than 84? Sitting on the top deck of the Ponsford stand in that last quarter...
My mates old man took us to the game that day. He still laughs and reminds me of the way I said "this is the best day of my life!"

'85 GF for me. Awesome.

Better than 84? Sitting on the top deck of the Ponsford stand in that last quarter...
My mates old man took us to the game that day. He still laughs and reminds me of the way I said "this is the best day of my life!"

Yeah, better than '84. '84 was magic, coming out and doing to whorethorn what they had done to us the year before. Absolute magic. Not to mention that it was a bit of a drought breaker! But '85 was, for me anyway, just something else. I'd waited a long time. Waited patiently through years and years of crap, whilst all around me my mates teams were taking home flags. And then when we finally did break through, we not only won one, but we went back to back! From crap to back to back. Unbelievable feeling. And that '85 side is still the best team I have seen us put on the field imo.

'85 GF for me. Awesome.

Yeah, better than '84. '84 was magic, coming out and doing to whorethorn what they had done to us the year before. Absolute magic. Not to mention that it was a bit of a drought breaker! But '85 was, for me anyway, just something else. I'd waited a long time. Waited patiently through years and years of crap, whilst all around me my mates teams were taking home flags. And then when we finally did break through, we not only won one, but we went back to back! From crap to back to back. Unbelievable feeling. And that '85 side is still the best team I have seen us put on the field imo.

I loved the 85 side too boot, why do you think that side is better than 2000?

'85 GF for me. Awesome.

Feeling a little like this myself, hope history can repeat!

CHF: Freakshow

GUMB TIME 2014

Full confirmation.

The slogan for next year will be:

Yas can all get farked. We angry.

For a slogan next year, I like ‘U Mad?’

Works on three levels.

Trolling the other clubs.

Firing up Essendon supporters.

Sending the journos into a fit.

“Full governance mode activated”

Catchy slogan in my view. Says it all.

UN finished business

I may be very much in the minority here, but I couldn't be more "meh" about next season.  

Maybe its cos we've come off the worst season ever finished up by the lamest GF in living memory and the game is run by a bunch of massively incompetent retards, but footy can eat my balls at the moment.