Lid Off 2024. Show the lid the door šŸšŖ

Unless we can jag a Geelong or Doggies type win or two, I donā€™t see us making it and Iā€™m fine with it.

Still, we will have a bloody good team for the run home so anything is possible.

1 Like

Screenshot_20230529_125733_Chrome

I reckon weā€™ll win 2 out of those you have us pencilled in for a loss @Clone_Hirdy .

I think

Port at the MCG is 50/50
Doggies are 50/50
Pies 50/50 - we just seem to match up well against them.

1 Like

I cant believe I am writing this thread - but yes - after last nights grinding win we currently are sitting in 7th spot and SHOULD manage to play finals this yearā€¦!!!

We are pretty much at the half way point of the season 11 games down and 12 to come.
We currently have 6 wins and 5 losses.
Iā€™ve had a quick look at the draw and of the 12 remaining games we have;-

6 likely wins - North X 2, Carlton, Adelaide, Swans, WCoast (all at Marvel)
4 games we are some chance in? - Freo (in Perth), GWS (in Sydney), Port (MCG), Dogs (marvel)
2 likely losses - Collingwood , Geelong (in Geelong)

If we can win the games we should and pinch 1 or 2 of the games we are a chance in it should leave us on 13 or 14 wins and this will be enough to play finalsā€¦

Geelong are outside the 8 and youā€™d expect them to come in - maybe at the expense of Freo or St Kilda who are starting to look wobblyā€¦
It would also be nice if Brisbane do us a favour today and beat Adelaide who have a relatively easy run homeā€¦

Cant see the Swans, Blues or Tigers making it - and with Shiel, 2MP, Setterfield and Parish to come back into the team youā€™d have to say we are more likely than not to play a finals in 2023

Long way to go thoughā€¦come at meā€¦!!!

3 Likes

Now youā€™ve done itā€¦

Delete! :weary:

18 Likes

Bookies have us at around $2.10 to make it - gamble responsibly

1 Like

What are our odds to lose any elimination final by over 39.5?

17 Likes

Are you perchance looking for the lid off 2023 thread my good sir?!

1 Like

Yep, should be merged with Lid Off thread.

Until we reach the Bye at 8-5, thereā€™s no point talking about it.

5 Likes

Get thee to the Lid On thread!

(there is one still, right?)

4 Likes

Buried deep in the depths.

I think we win 11 out of remaining 12, maybe all 12.
I think we can take Collingwood and maybe Geelong.
Those two arenā€™t getting any better than when we played them (maybe Collingwood) but we will be ! Big Time !

2 Likes

does this run come with a finals win?

1 Like

Yep 3

2 Likes

You think people wouldā€™ve learnt their lesson after 20 years of this ā– ā– ā– ā– , maybe not.

4 Likes

Freo and crows results this weekend do not help our chances

1 Like

Nope. Need Crows to drop a few at home. Theyā€™re useless outside of AO but have enough home games to get them over the line for finals.

Adelaide is not a likely win and we wont beat Port.

2 Likes

Yikes. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I am usually lid off, but find any talk of finals about 2 months premature at this stage.

2 Likes