Lid On - Lid Off: No, It's the Retractable Roof Thread

fark this thread. Lid off.

stay out then , not sure why people come into a thread just to to say fark this thread 

Someone has missed the point of the Lid Off and Lid On threads.

The thread you start when you think you are too good for other threads.

Rationally, right at this very moment, I can’t see how we won’t win the flag next year.

In 10 days I reserve the right to believe we’re stuffed for a decade.

And in 20 to believe we’ll win the next 5 flags.

I will be able to justify it all quite rationally.

the beige thread

This thread is almost more depressing than the Lid On one.

the beige thread

what about the cream? the bone? the white? the off-white? the ivory? The many colours this thread could be

This thread would make sense if-

Lid off = win it all

This thread = middle of the table

Lid on = bottom

But it doesn’t because the sad sacks from the lid on thread take any failure as justification of their views, even getting knocked out in a final. So since they want to claim everything that isn’t a premiership, this is just another lid on thread to me.

the beige thread

Nothing wrong with beige, goes beautifully with Red or Black and Red and Black.  :)

the beige thread

what about the cream? the bone? the white? the off-white? the ivory? The many colours this thread could be

Richie Beanud approves of this.

Get off the fence. And what makes the fence sitters rational? We are the realists here, Lid offers are delusional!

This thread is almost more depressing than the Lid On one.

Just a lot less justifiably correct!

Lid off = win it all
Lid on = bottom
But it doesn't because the sad sacks from the lid on thread take any failure as justification of their views, even getting knocked out in a final. So since they want to claim everything that isn't a premiership, this is just another lid on thread to me.

Incorrect, it was the manner in which we lost that game plus the usual ■■■■ games against Carlton, Melbourne, saints and Richmond that is why we claim things (mainly for the final though)
If we had have beaten Roos and lost to Geelong, most would have accepted that and seen we are moving forward (slowly)

fark this thread. Lid off.

stay out then , not sure why people come into a thread just to to say fark this thread
Fark this thread. Lid on!

But I'm not fence sitting...I'm just providing an avenue for people who are able to rationally analyse  the ebbs and flows that go with being a bomber supporter :P

Maybe you should read the realist thread properly.

Lid off = win it all
Lid on = bottom
But it doesn't because the sad sacks from the lid on thread take any failure as justification of their views, even getting knocked out in a final. So since they want to claim everything that isn't a premiership, this is just another lid on thread to me.

Incorrect, it was the manner in which we lost that game plus the usual **** games against Carlton, Melbourne, saints and Richmond that is why we claim things (mainly for the final though)
If we had have beaten Roos and lost to Geelong, most would have accepted that and seen we are moving forward (slowly)

Granted there are inconsistency in our game, personally I take the glass half full approach that when we can get that consistency we go up from what is already a top 8 position. Good times ahead if that happens

This thread may have a place this year.

We are going to beat top 6 sides.

We are going to lose to bottom 6 sides.

We will convincingly beat some sides next to us on the ladder.
We will be convincingly beaten by sides next to us on the ladder.

After the Cats win, I have things to go in the lid off thread.
But there’s still plenty that belong in the lid on thread.

Might need to channel the spirit of this bloke.

Lid On.Lid Off.