Lid On - Lid Off: No, It's the Retractable Roof Thread

So I've just been reading through the reactions to this year's trade period results on both the Lid On and Lid Off threads and decided that we need a thread for rational thinkers...a place for those of us not prone to the ultimate highs and lows seemingly experienced by the denizens of the aforementioned threads.

This is a place where the mood can swing without going to the extremes that occur "elsewhere"

So after taking my time to process the club's performance over the last few weeks I have come to the conclusion that we are in a better place now than where we were at the start of the month.

At one stage it looked like we would lose Hirdy, Licha, Ryder, Howlett and Kav and yet after all the dust has settled, Ryder was the only one to go and that resulted in us picking up a Brownlow Medalist and Pick 17.

Dodoro also snagged Giles as a replacement for our ex ruckman as well as Gwilt for some extra depth in defence.

Could we have done better.....quite possibly, if we really wanted to play hard ball and risk getting nothing for that ex-ruckman.

The decisions that have been made now allow the club to move forward towards 2015 with the draft still to come and the opportunity to get two top 20 picks, something we haven't had for sometime.

So, imho, we have moved forward....we could have done better but we could have done a whole lot worse.

I look forward to reading further rational input from like minded blitzers.

Cheers

swoodley

Take a side fence sitter! :D

You cant fence sit, your either with us or against us

Plz delete thread

I like how you insinuate that the Lid On thread is not for rational thinkers.

finally someone said what us rational people were thinking , i'm in screw the other 2 threads

But I'm not fence sitting...I'm just providing an avenue for people who are able to rationally analyse  the ebbs and flows that go with being a bomber supporter :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRiTUyQiQk

football and rational don't go together

football and rational don't go together

Well, not for most Blitzers that's for certain.

now this is a thread  I can get onaboard with.

simply how can anyone say one way or the other what we will be or were we will finish, when we don't have a consistent median to work off.

this thread sucks.

Retractable roof hey? Well if Brad Scott's against it then I'm for it.

But I'm not fence sitting...I'm just providing an avenue for people who are able to rationally analyse the ebbs and flows that go with being a bomber supporter :P

Isn't this the purpose of the "Dustin Fletcher Hanger"?
The lid off and lid on threads are for irrational exuberance and irrational depression and everything else is rational discussion. If you're feeling the ebb and flow of the season pushes you to feeling something more positive or negative than you should be, then you get into one of those threads, but otherwise you can have all the sensible and rational discussions you can handle in all of the other threads.
And why anyone would choose to be anything other than lid off before Rd 1 I have no idea...

But I'm not fence sitting...I'm just providing an avenue for people who are able to rationally analyse the ebbs and flows that go with being a bomber supporter :P

Isn't this the purpose of the "Dustin Fletcher Hanger"?
The lid off and lid on threads are for irrational exuberance and irrational depression and everything else is rational discussion. If you're feeling the ebb and flow of the season pushes you to feeling something more positive or negative than you should be, then you get into one of those threads, but otherwise you can have all the sensible and rational discussions you can handle in all of the other threads.
And why anyone would choose to be anything other than lid off before Rd 1 I have no idea...

miserable sods.

Yes, this is the "Pot Partly-Covered on a Mild Simmer" thread. 

Mods gurge pls

Mods gurge pls

mods , instaban pls

Ah...nothing like the idea of "freedom of speech"

Don't agree with the topic...ask for it to be gurged :wacko:

■■■■ this thread. Lid off.

This thread has been commandeered.
THE LID HAS BEEN REMOVED.