Lindsay Tanner - Almost Exident

Wow I just got an email from a Lindsay bloke. Didn’t realise he actually knew how to communicate prior to getting this email.

1 Like

Can anyone please educate me on what the “Essendon Brand” actually is? The only brand I associate with us of late is failure so I’m not sure we want to continue down that road.

1 Like

High end Dumpster Fires

3 Likes

Just maybe we could have had another football person on a football board?
Or someone who could contribute to enhancing the member experience?

Very good appointment.

High level of personal success- Tick

Proven record of building successful cultures at the highest levels - Tick

Bonus skill set of high financial acumen, meaning he is probably earmarked to take over from Brasher as finance director.

4 Likes

See a lot of people seem to rate this highly for potential board members. Yet all this week people have been complaining that they don’t want fan engagement they just want success.

My view appoint directors that know success.

1 Like

What we need, is a board of goal-kickers.
Dunstall. Locket. Lloyd. Ablett Snr. Carey. Richardson. Rocca. Riewoldt.
See what I’m saying?
These guys know HOW TO WIN

Well half of those don’t actually.

Dammit, did I get it wrong?

Ya did, ya stupid head.

1 Like

How could you say that/ He is the “perfect man”!

I know this is a controversial proposal, however, I honestly believe the EFC Board should consist of DJ King thread members (only). Between all the DJs, we have the necessary acumen and have seen enough wars (with the steely resolve) to shape the club into a powerhouse once again.

3 Likes

It would be a mess.

Baker would complain that nothing is as good as it was.

Kira would vote yes to every proposal

Deckham wouldn’t show up

Jez would still be salty his idea got rejected from 3 years ago.

Swoodley would propose we book nightwish for every function.

2 Likes

I got a letter about putting this song-and-dance man on the Board, too. I don’t know the chap who signed it, but he calls himself Lindsay Tanner — which is a strange coincidence, as that was the name of my local MHR when I was living briefly in Ascot Vale in 2008. He was a Labor polly and had some sort of Finance job under Gillard but announced his retirement when Rudd came back. It had been a Labor seat for aeons, but this Tanner bloke didn’t bother to assure the succession and the Greens grabbed it as soon as he was gone. Adam Bandit has been parked there ever since…

EDIT: I got my Labor PMs arseways. Tanner had his Finance job under Rudd, and announced his retirement when Gillard replaced Rudd as PM.

Ha. I didn’t mean ‘all’ DJs should be on the Board. Allow me to counter.

Vander - Banking/ investment guru. Would bring in serious capital.

PP2 - Tight ars#. Would keep our finances under control.

Rain - Proven entrepreneurial flair. Asian contacts. Sponsorship deals. Strategic focus.

Peos - Court (I mean Board) Jester.

Kira & LB - Joint Heads of Security. * Kira to moonlight as our Head of Psych & Player discipline.

Deckham - inaugural coach.

Swoods - Ground curator. Responsible for salt distribution on slippery surfaces.

Klawdy - Entertainment Director.

Hambo - Sausage sizzle king and music director.

Jez - Representative on the rules committee & gourmet (esp beer) detective.

Zim - Head of Public Relations.

Crazy - Independent Director. Paid enormous fees to provide contrarian views and counter Wim.

Wim - Independent Director. Paid enormous fees for random thoughts.

Up - Lawyer & Cliffy agitator.

Hoffy - Sales and Marketing Director. Responsible for one word marketing campaigns.

Diggers - No role. Can’t be trusted as a Swans informant.

Budge - Admin.

Ana - Part-time Director. Shows up and then vanishes for weeks.

KJ11 - Novated lease and transportation boss. Given a free license to program all modes of transport with his musical preferences.

Robin - IT Boss.

Bakes - R-rated Bomber Magazine (wrapped in plastic) boss.

Azza - Team Dietician. Oranges subbed for smoked beef briskets.

Frosty - Mystery Role.

Edit: Found it @Paul_Peos

5 Likes

Quoted from the email - the use of the Windy Hill facility for the long-term, remembering that this site if for the “recreation of the people”.

Is the same person who proofread this the same person who approves of Wooshas game plan?

3 Likes

Where is this bloke? Could there be a more uesless club president?

He is terrible. Must go.

He’s the chairman, not the players.

But for where he’s been, he wrote to members and appeared on a numbe is broadcasters today.

You might want him to come out and publicly say I hate Worsfold, but that is of no benefit.