List build - where are we going in the next 10,000 posts?

Just saying I liked how he played in defence when we trialled him. Lots of similarities to Coleman, albeit off a tiny sample of watched games.

That’s does make it sound like your dodoro.
otherwise you have no reason to feel sorry efc went crawford over lockyer.

mind you we all did scratch out heads a bit.

I saw where they were going with Crauford. He had something.

Effectively a 3rd/4th round rookie pick, so not a huge surprise it didn’t work out.

1 Like

Did you/we even ever see him play?

Was on TV a couple of times in the VFL.

Admittedly that’s not as good as live, but it was enough to tell a) he could do a couple of pretty special things but b) he didn’t do very many of them

Did he play a pre season game as well??

I think he played some 10 v 10 praccy matches or something and looked to be a decent athlete, took some marks etc but he clearly just wasnt good enough in the end.

That are good?

And wouldn’t that mean we just go even more deficit for 2023/24?

Shouldn’t matter. Collingwood showed you can trade out most of your picks and still get points to match.

1 Like

Are there any more Paish brothers that could be rookied or drafted??

Wouldn’t mind Cripps brother!

That’s the point. We had the chance to draft him last year with all the X factor he showed, We can also create an environment for him to thrive. People do change. Its also about taking risks which is what Sheeds is on about. Lets see how he goes with the Cats anyhow.

1 Like

The same Collingwood that should be at the start of a big rebuild, yet has 1 remaining pick for 2022, and outside of Daicos will have only picks at the back end of the draft this year?

1 Like

Yep
Very different situations
They had one guy who was always rated very very highly

We have two seemingly rated pretty highly, and another two or three who are around the mark of draftable, but nobody can really say how early.

Their needs (in terms of points) were pretty predictable, ours aren’t.

Moving the goal posts. The question is whether you can get points if you’ve traded picks out. Collingwood has shown you can.

Why would we give a fig if we effectively traded 2023 picks for 2021 picks? Which is what we’d be doing.

Collingwood traded out 2022 picks for 2020 picks. Doing so has meant they’re taking an extra first but sacrificing some later picks. The issue isn’t Daicos points, its trading pick #2 for two in the twenties.

What is predictable is if we need more points than expected they can be easily got.

1 Like

To a point. I just don’t think it’s wise to take points out of the 2022 draft when we know there’s a good chance we’ll need them for bids.

I didn’t move any goal posts.
HAP said it may not be wise.
You said it can be done.
I’m saying, Collingwood list management is not the poster boy for wise management. Of course, it can be done.

Ok good point on wise vs can do. I would argue:

• Collingwood’s lack of wisdom wasn’t to do with the F/S points, but underestimating the rise in value of their 2021 picks
  • I wouldn’t say HAPs position is wise. I’d say it’s risk adverse. There are arguments that it’s plain bad strategy wise.

The other thing is that GC’s position this year is quite unique with all the concessions from the AFL (Auto-listing of academy players, pick 19). You could imagine a scenario where it would be much harder to find a willing seller.

Except we know GC is already starting next year with more picks than they need. BEFORE anyone leaves!

Do they have a heap of academy kids next year? Or just preparing for a raid of other clubs in counter to their own expected targeting of King, Lukosius, Rankine etc?

I know they had very little movement possible for this year with lost spot availability