List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

You’re right… not the time nor place… apologies. ■■■■■■ great win by the lads.

2 Likes

How many argument Deckham get in ?

1 Like

Lever yes please. Send a private jet over. Then get Rocky and tell crows to ■■■■ off…

1 Like

Well, short of further injury concerns, I don’t believe that Myers senior career is going to end anytime soon, even if he’s a fringe player for the rest of his time.

Of course not he got a ridiculous end of 2019 contract

Is there anything that doesn’t make you bitter?

1 Like

Yes but apparently I cant talk on this forum with out having a band of dandies comment on everything and saying be patent and trust the coaches/club or just being snarky wankers. But carry on with your crusade.

5 Likes

I don’t think expecting people not to speak in blatant lies, especially when they contradict what they’ve just said is unreasonable, or part of some crusade.

When you make stuff up it discredits your entire argument. If you have a good enough point to make, then you don’t need to lie or mislead to get your message across.

I’ve outlined in this thread numerous times and on blitz why I think our upcoming midfield talent is underwhelming. Even our drafting to fix this.

I thought we were in the midfield thread. Too much back and forth

Same

1 Like

Apart from langford and mcgrath who do we have that could become first choice mids in the future.

We desperately need to get a really good mid in the trade period and draft as many as possible. Im not talking about drafting HBF’s and turning thrm into mids. But purely mids

I think our forward line and defence is set up for the now and the future. Midfield is a big worry now, in the next few years it could get really really bad if its not addressed asap.

1 Like

I agree with this. I’m fairly confident that we will target 185cm and over, inside or semi-inside mids .

1 Like

Gifting an injury ravaged, 2 passable year career 28 year old a 3 year contract would probably go close.

All I want us to do is use pick 5, 6, 7 or whatever on the best inside mid to replace Watson/Goddard. Then use the pick 20 something on the best available mid, then the pick 40 something on a good mid. Then feel free to use the 60 something on whatever half-back/forward fetish Dodoro might have, hell even let Benfti use a pick on one of his prospects.

Then at the rookie, draft mids. If we draft 3 or 4, 2/3 need to be mids. Watching the VFL and realising we only have Mutch and maybe Clarke who is a light year away is really, really worrying.

3 Likes

Thats good. Because we definately need both inside and outside.

In the game now you need at least 10-12 guys who can rotate through the midfield.

If we could get a proven inside midfielder via trade and draft outside players i think that would be perfect

This is problem that Worsfold is facing. There are probably 4-5 players that he would have delisted at the end of 2016 but was unable to because a) they were suspended b) the club had to at least offer then decent contracts that they wouldn’t have gotten anywhere else because of how we ■■■■■■ them over. I think he is hoping that by leaving Stanton, Hocking and Howlett (and Bird I guess) in the 2s that they will retire or request to be traded and leave us with a clear conscience. Myers he probably sees as the inside mid replacement (albeit as a 28 year old)

Desperately need 2 gun mids and if our first pick isn’t used in a trade for a gun mid then we simply must pick one at pick 7 or whatever we get

2 Likes

I would get rid of Hocking Howlett Myers Bird Stanton Brown Dea Morgan

Kelly.

You’re reading far more into this than is actually there. Used as an example only - and we don’t have anyone around the same mark of games played.