List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Would happily take Mckenzie and matera

1 Like

Interesting post on BigFooty. Any of the SA posters have a view?

@Aceman

Miller intrigues me in particular.
As you say, the game plan is pace and forcing turnovers. Thatā€™s him. Would slot in nicely.

I donā€™t think weā€™d be a shot of getting Hall, unless heā€™s gotten jack of the GC crap and wants to experience a club that turns over coaches in a city with coffee.

Past experience of trading with GC thoughā€¦

Staggered he hasnā€™t been given a taste of it yet but the Crows are loaded with talent.
The kid can play and wouldnā€™t cost much.

6 Likes

Itā€™d be real tempting to look at any of the GC kids. Particularly given they donā€™t know who their coach is, and particularly if it even remotely looks like being Brad Scott.

7 Likes

I was looking at Knightmareā€™s current rankings, and I know it is one opinion, but damn the small options post pick 8 odd sound rubbish. If we miss all the obvious young talent, Iā€™d be tempted to see if one of the rebuilding sides had an older, but not too old established mid they would trade. Eg Shiels or Smith at Hawthorn, Hall at GC, one of the WCE mids.

1 Like

Aaron Hall? Mate weā€™re no chance, that guy is a gun. I do agree tho, hopefully we can moneyball another player like we did with Green.

Had a look through the ā€˜yet to beā€™ contracted mids across the clubs and unless we are really into Smith, Kelly, Hopper, Kennedy the picking are slim.

Iā€™m saying approach a rebuilding side and offer pick #11 for a contracted player.

2 Likes

Yeah I know, I think itā€™s a good option I was just remarking on the lack of mids out of contract outside the ones mentioned.

Smith is too old for mine given he turns 29 this year. Iā€™d be fine with trading for someone more like 26/27 if we can. Seems more likely that we keep the pick and end up with Higgins or Coffield though.

Hmm, didnā€™t realise he was that old.

Was a mature age pickup

1 Like

100% going to the Gold Coast

Found out a few interesting things last night. one was, we are heavily into Cody ninyette whoā€™s a kid over here playing for Perth in the WAFL

3 Likes

what sort of player?

1 Like

Iā€™ve always been a fan of Horlin-Smith, turns 25 this year. However heā€™s always getting injured, would certainly risk trading a third round pick for him though.

1 Like

Nice one. Small Forward?
What other interesting things? Essendon related?

Hartung isnā€™t just a poor manā€™s colyer, he is a guy declared bankrupt 5 times colyer.

Absolutely no way

1 Like