Live Animal Exports to Vietnam

What makes us so superior that we can dictate to other sovereign countries how and what they should do? Not just talking about how they treat animals either, broadly speaking what right do we have to tell others how they should run their countries? What makes us the moral arbiters of others?

I read that as moral abattoir.

Princes Park?
What makes us so superior that we can dictate to other sovereign countries how and what they should do? Not just talking about how they treat animals either, broadly speaking what right do we have to tell others how they should run their countries? What makes us the moral arbiters of others?

I read that as moral abattoir.

Princes Park?

Morale abattoir?

We have the right to choose who we do or do not do business with. We have the right to have that decision influenced by our own moral framework.

Not if you are a religious person who contends that you don’t want to serve a certain person, then the law says you have to otherwise it is discrimination and you can be sued or charged and fined.

What makes our country free from the same thing from other countries?

Also with abbotoirs do we really have a say. Most Aussie families still own the farm, or the bank does. But a lot of the people that do the abbotoir / live export are multinational companies. The same with the dairy industry.
The people can jump up and down to they are blue in the face.
But when you look closely at who is controlling Australia’s food sources. It’s a concern. E.g japan multinational could buy all abbotoirs in tassie an export all the good stuff to japan leaving the scraps for local butchers. Coles and woolies import meat from the mainland.

Farmer could say I don’t want to sell my cattle. But he has to make a living too.

Had a client who toured a chicken farm in England. The farmer was complaining about not being able to take a day off they work 365 days a year. But the farmer say he couldn’t cause after 46 days they are killed and sent to market. So they asked farmer why he couldn’t have Christmas Day off. And he said because they die on the 47th day. Ie they were so full of growth hormone that they ha to be killed as could die themselves.

If i was going to stop eating meat. Would quit chicken before beef.

what’s everyone’s favorite animal? mines Polar Bears

Pigs are the tastiest.

do people actually think the meat they eat now died/lived a natural drug free humane life??

Yes because that only happens in every country except Australia.

If you actually care, put down the steak

My families cattle live healthy, happy, drug-free lives. Unless you count worming drench. But then, I’ve seen the alternative to worming drench. Not sure how idiots can link “humane” and “drug free”.

Or are you one of the fools who think we load our cattle up with steroids and growth hormones?

Nothing worse than people who think they know what farmers do, when all they hear is what PETA and the “organic” lobby tell them.

do people actually think the meat they eat now died/lived a natural drug free humane life??

My families cattle live healthy, happy, drug-free lives. Unless you count worming drench. But then, I’ve seen the alternative to worming drench. Not sure how idiots can link “humane” and “drug free”.

Or are you one of the fools who think we load our cattle up with steroids and growth hormones?

Nothing worse than people who think they know what farmers do, when all they hear is what PETA and the “organic” lobby tell them.

If you can honestly say your cattle live a humane life from birth to death (yes including mums being separated by their new borns to where they cry themselves to sleep, to herding methods and to the way they are killed) then you must be one of the very few

People need to stop being so naive towards the complete life and supply chain of how an animal arrives to your plate.

I just don’t understand the whole, look at what is happening to the exports when similar things happen here

(and yes my definition is , ripping a mum and calf apart to point of distress the same as dying via a sledgehammer )

If people really care, stop eating them.

Also with abbotoirs do we really have a say. Most Aussie families still own the farm, or the bank does. But a lot of the people that do the abbotoir / live export are multinational companies. The same with the dairy industry. The people can jump up and down to they are blue in the face. But when you look closely at who is controlling Australia's food sources. It's a concern. E.g japan multinational could buy all abbotoirs in tassie an export all the good stuff to japan leaving the scraps for local butchers. Coles and woolies import meat from the mainland.

Farmer could say I don’t want to sell my cattle. But he has to make a living too.

Had a client who toured a chicken farm in England. The farmer was complaining about not being able to take a day off they work 365 days a year. But the farmer say he couldn’t cause after 46 days they are killed and sent to market. So they asked farmer why he couldn’t have Christmas Day off. And he said because they die on the 47th day. Ie they were so full of growth hormone that they ha to be killed as could die themselves.

If i was going to stop eating meat. Would quit chicken before beef.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-182386/Chicken-producers-using-growth-drugs.html

LOL.

I once met a farmer who said the reason he wore the big Akubra hat is because the leather provided protection against dropbears. He said the impact when they landed on you would still give you a crook neck but at least there was no facial scarring from their claws. That’s also the reason all our pollies wear the big hats when they go for photo opportunities out in the bush.

Pigs are the tastiest.
Clearly you've never tried whale.
Pigs are the tastiest.

you ■■■■■■■ animal. most of us can’t afford trips to norway.

Pigs are the tastiest.

I belong to this exclusive club of gastronomes. I can’t afford to travel there either on my own but sometimes the club asks me to provide certain “questionable” ingredients for our meetings in exchange for airfairs on their international trips. You know, ingredients like fava beans and chianti.

If you can honestly say your cattle live a humane life from birth to death (yes including mums being separated by their new borns to where they cry themselves to sleep, to herding methods and to the way they are killed) then you must be one of the very few

People need to stop being so naive towards the complete life and supply chain of how an animal arrives to your plate.

I just don’t understand the whole, look at what is happening to the exports when similar things happen here

(and yes my definition is , ripping a mum and calf apart to point of distress the same as dying via a sledgehammer )

If people really care, stop eating them.

Yes, I can HONESTLY say that doesn’t happen at my families farm. Or the farms on either side of them. Or the one down the road, or over the hill, or in the next ■■■■■■■ valley over.

Not sure if you’re aware but Australia isn’t that big on battery farming of cattle. Not to say it doesn’t happen in other countries but don’t tarnish Aussie farmers with your ■■■■■■■ lies.

But then again, farmers don’t skin lambs for their wool either but that doesn’t stop the idiots making up models of fake lambs to try to trick people into thinking shearing is evil.

If you want to be vegetarian good on you. At the end of the day us meat eaters DO kill for our food. But don’t lie to make your case.

Pigs are the tastiest.

I belong to this exclusive club of gastronomes. I can’t afford to travel there either on my own but sometimes the club asks me to provide certain “questionable” ingredients for our meetings in exchange for airfairs on their international trips. You know, ingredients like fava beans and chianti.

fava beans? gross.

give me a very servo console operator rib fillet, pepper gravy and Idaho potato any day.

We have the right to choose who we do or do not do business with. We have the right to have that decision influenced by our own moral framework.

Not if you are a religious person who contends that you don’t want to serve a certain person, then the law says you have to otherwise it is discrimination and you can be sued or charged and fined.

What makes our country free from the same thing from other countries?

Really? This is a serious argument??

So let me get this right - someone with a genuine concern over cruelty to animals decides to make a post here, and is promptly derided and their opinion ridiculed, thread turned into a joke.

Yup, this is Blitz.

So let me get this right - someone with a genuine concern over cruelty to animals decides to make a post here, and is promptly derided and their opinion ridiculed, thread turned into a joke.

Yup, this is Blitz.

nope someone entered the “news thread” with their personal crusade and whinged about the same thing with the same information that has been whinged for decades with no effect.

Sorry I don’t respond well to being whinged at and having animal mistreatment horror stories jammed in my face. If I was keen for that I’m sure I could seek such info out for myself. If you think jamming it in people’s faces is the best way to resolve the matter I’d point you to the decades of it doing ■■■■ all but ■■■■ people off and guilt trip the average person on their average day because you’re too impotent to actually effect the issue in any meaningful fashion.

I personally could flood the boards with my own personal moral crusades and have done so in the past but funnily enough the world get’s more and more the same every year no matter how much I demanded fundamental societal change on a football forum.

Yup, this is Blitz.

nope someone entered the “news thread” with their personal crusade and whinged about the same thing with the same information that has been whinged for decades with no effect.

Sorry I don’t respond well to being whinged at and having animal mistreatment horror stories jammed in my face. If I was keen for that I’m sure I could seek such info out for myself. If you think jamming it in people’s faces is the best way to resolve the matter I’d point you to the decades of it doing ■■■■ all but ■■■■ people off and guilt trip the average person on their average day because you’re too impotent to actually effect the issue in any meaningful fashion.

I personally could flood the boards with my own personal moral crusades and have done so in the past but funnily enough the world get’s more and more the same every year no matter how much I demanded fundamental societal change on a football forum.

I’ve read some of your own rants and have to say I agree with about 95% of things you obliquely crusade about.

Having said that, people have a few choices when a thread like this comes up. They can ignore it, they can make fun of it and they can make an intelligent argument for or against.
Choices, choices.

How was it “jammed in our face”?

How was it "jammed in our face"?

metaphorically

Yup, this is Blitz.

I’ve read some of your own rants and have to say I agree with about 95% of things you obliquely crusade about.

Having said that, people have a few choices when a thread like this comes up. They can ignore it, they can make fun of it and they can make an intelligent argument for or against.
Choices, choices.

Well I’ve taken the later two options and got further sanctimony for not taking it seriously enough.
How was it "jammed in our face"?

metaphorically

Yup, this is Blitz.

Choices, choices.

Well I’ve taken the later two options and got further sanctimony for not taking it seriously enough.

Were you under the impression that my post which you quoted was directed at yourself?
Interesting :wink: