Local cricket thread. 2014/15

My local club has made the granny this weekend across all 3 senior grades. First time ever in our history. Pretty chuffed.

I’d be even more chuffed if my back wasn’t rooted and I could play this weekend. Thems the breaks, I guess…

Quoted Post

My local club has made the granny this weekend across all 3 senior grades. First time ever in our history. Pretty chuffed.

I’d be even more chuffed if my back wasn’t rooted and I could play this weekend. Thems the breaks, I guess…

Surely ASADA won’t be watching, so you should hit up Ryan Crowley.

Performance enhancing or performance enabling? That is the question…

Quoted Post

Performance enhancing or performance enabling? That is the question...

Get the pain killer to be the enabler and then let the competitive juices of a final be the enhancer.

Juice? Juicing?

probably the worst year of my cricketing career…played in our Bs to help out…ended captaining a few games that varied from brilliant (beating two sides in the 4) to not good (guys talented enough, but young, lacking experience and playing out their depth, we play in an A grade comp)…finished 2nd last,only made over 200 twice in an 80 over comp (4 times under 100, twice under 50, once under 20) I went from batting at 3 to batting lower order and winning the bowling trophy…hopefully things change next year

Could be worse.
Ended up finishing the season OK. Ended up getting picked (didn’t know I was qualified) for the grade down than normal, for their semi. Didn’t bowl an over, diamond duck run-out in the first over, then came down sick for the 2nd day and couldn’t get out of bed! Terrific!

Specially since I actually went OK, made 200 and took about 10 or 11(despite frustratingly not getting a frigging bowl for 8 games)

Lost grand final by a run. That’s twice that I’ve played in one run loss in a grand final. I had a shocker. Got a duck.

So your from Cairns, I guess you play at Mulgrave!