Looking forward - round one v sydney

Quoted Post

goals.

Yep.

Well, I have no idea. Less idea than any season opener and particularly against a grand finalist. All I can say is, go Tuesday, go the guys who have been shut out of preseason matches, go the kids and newbies who have added ranks to us, go the selection panel and go Hirdy. Last but not least, go Bombers. If we put in a good show and don’t come away with the chocolates then fair enough. If we get pantsed, well depends on Tuesday. If we win, look out. I might go full retard.

Sydney Forecast 25 and “showers”… We were ok in the wet last year… thinking of port game in particular … I think this helps us…thoughts?

Two tickets to the gun show pls.

Quoted Post

Two tickets to the gun show pls.

Curls get the girls

Quoted Post

Going to be a hard contest but I feel that getting Sydney early in the season is better than later. Obviously depends on the result Tuesday, but even a 'not guilty/no findings' charge may lead to a let down/emotional drain.

Lack of preparation can’t be ignored.

Unfortunately this but we get the “not out” verdict Tuesday & our boys will unshackled to have a red not go
FWIW we always get shafted by the umps up here but are overdue for a win (last was 09 @ SCG)
If we snag a win it’ll be one of the best given the last 2 years of hell

I care nothing for the result right at this point, as long as all our boys are there to play in the game!

Thanks bomber08 looks like I’ll just have to go to the pub then ! What a shame

If we are found not guilty today I’m putting on a massive bet on us to win, and you all should too.

Not sure how we will go even at full strength. I’ll be just happy to see them run out onto the ground and give it to Sydney.

If cleared… Jobe should wear his medal during the match

McGlynn ruled out with a hammy.

What are we paying, have the oods been released or wait til this arvo?

Quoted Post

If we are found not guilty today I'm putting on a massive bet on us to win, and you all should too.

Nah, they’ll be so effin pumped, it will be a melee first quarter, then we’ll get reamed. But they’ll laugh their way off the field.

We always do well in the clutch games just after a big revelation…

First game of season after press conference - beat Adelaide in Adelaide
Hird refuses to stand down - beat Freo in Freo
Jobe under pressure after AOD confession - beat Eagles out West
Last game before final hearing before commission - beat FarkCarlton

All comebacks too. We might be rusty due to lack of preseason games, but if our players are cleared expect another statement from the group.

Quoted Post

What are we paying, have the oods been released or wait til this arvo?

Just posted this in the LID OFF thread, but yeah, we’re paying $7. Juicy

We’ll bash Sydney.

Even though I strongly believe the players and in the not guilty verdict that has just been handed down… I think it would be wise not to play the players (The 18), until ASDA and WADA have stated they’re not going to appeal the verdict, which has been said they have 21 days from today.

that is the biggest load of ■■■■■■■ ■■■■

Quoted Post

I reckon our side will look like this:

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher
HB: Hibberd, Hurley, Gleeson
C: Goddard, Myers, Zaharakis
HF: Colyer, Carlisle, Merrett
F: Ambrose, Daniher, Chapman
R: Bellchambers, Watson, Heppell
I/C: Cooney, Stanton, Melksham, Dalgleish (sub)

Genuine chance given Sydney’s ordinary form early in the season and at ANZ Stadium.

Heppell is out (still injured)

I reckon Langford will get a game over Dalgleish and I dont think Ambrose will make it - probably Gwilt instead. Also I think Giles will take the place of Melksham