Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast - Cal Twomey joins us to talk EFC 2024 and Nat Draft options

One of my favourite aspects of the pod is hearing Scott try to gently save Grant from himself and Grant just stubbornly powering on regardless despite the fact he has little to no ground to stand on. It’s funny. Don’t take it so seriously.

7 Likes

Might have already been mentioned but respect to Grant for soldiering on though that last podcast, he was obviously battling a cough but stepped up to the plate when required…:muscle:.
He’s a different cat but every now and then he comes out with some absolute gold, keep up the good work lads :clap: .

4 Likes

Cheers for that. I am doing a solo one on one series on Patreon with guests i want to speak too. Had a 45 min chat today with Julian DeStoop that comes out tomorrow on Patreon. Really enjoyed the chat actually.

7 Likes

Any chance the club would give you access to Craig for an interview? Want to hear more from him and the club have put zero out.

3 Likes

Just listened to the interview Scott… love listening to Essendon ppl talk Essendon… it was a good iview, thanks.

5 Likes

Scotty and Grant should be very proud of what they do. The amount of respect and participation you have got from club legends and industry professionals is testament to the fact that everyone can see what you do comes from the love you have for club and what it has achieved in the past and the good things it has done.

IMO Scott got everyone’s respect for the pre-game March he organised for Round 1 2017 when the banned got back together, and that has only grown with the podcast efforts before and since.

6 Likes

I also got booted off the fb page because i disagreed with him and got into an argument with him while i was a couple sherberts deep. Man runs that page like a tyrant, sucks because i enjoyed the community.

5 Likes

Scott is Eddie Mcquire and Grant is Sam Newnam.

Sorry if either of you are offended by this, but that’s the dynamics!

3 Likes

i got removed because we had differing opinions on dodoro. like you, i enjoyed the page too. their must be hundreds of people blocked :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Totally agreed. Legit he replied to me if you dont like my opinion you can rack off or jog on dont let the door hit you on the way out. I replied with ‘say that again without crying’

I mean come on he carried on like eyre was the next god, im sure others were over the constant barrage about him. Spot on apart from that, the community there was great!

Hes equivalent to Scoops off that afl draft rumours page :joy:

4 Likes

I wont say too much to this topic. People are free to have their say.

I will say some pretty big guests are coming on the show soonish. If anyone here is a Patreon then i catch up with Blitz’s own Nackers on Thursday for some footy chat

11 Likes

Is Thursday the next show??

Yep… around 8:30pm

2 Likes

Honestly, each to their own but for just $4 a month, I reckon everyone should be jumping to support you guys on Patreon if they can.

Not just because the show is great - especially with the guests you have on - but the value you personally bring to the Bomber community with your training reports, follow up answers, etc makes it an even easier decision to get around you guys.

Looking forward to Thursday’s show! :+1:t2:

10 Likes

Nackers from Blitz and my good friend Bruce dissect Essendon pre-season on our new Patreon show. In depth 85 min discussion that you don’t want to miss. Patreon link to show below

https://www.patreon.com/posts/essendon-in-talk-78116544?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link

9 Likes

Great pod, really enjoyed in inputs of Bruce and Nackers.

Interesting observations on how different the training drills are this year compared to past. Higher level of training intensity and fitness is welcome.

Welcome observations!

Lid still on for mine……

1 Like

I’m keen to hear how our new training compares to other clubs. Not sure any of our training reporters or Blitzers have wandered into Punt Road or wherever Collingkwood train these days (is it Victoria Park?) for example? I’d do it but there’s the small matter of a 24 hour flight involved.

Suppose its a bit of a stretch to suggest you wander down to Sydney with a pair of binocs @Humble_NSW_Fan ? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We lost Knackers to a pay per view

7 Likes

I can report our training is at a higher intensity than the Dubbo Demons. However their sausage sizzles and beers on Thursday after training are better.

They have seating and shade at the training ground too.

Make of this what you will…

5 Likes

Im still on the page, haven’t annoyed grant :).
Facebook page is pretty good imo, probably better stuff out than EFC one, news articles posted quick, draft stuff, etc, he got rid of a few ■■■■■■■■■, but other fans post some pretty cool stuff on there too. Maybe you could request to join the page and Grant could give a few second chances out.