Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast - Anzac Day review main show out now

Cool podcast, that guy’s knowledge was quite something.

2014 is such an odd time to fall in love with the Essendon football club.

Imagine how much he’ll be into footy if we ever get good?

2 Likes

Was excellent, Listened to it twice now. He was so knowledgeable

2 Likes

Cheers Bessie

the American dude was a good thinker. sees the game a bit differently.

but was blown away when he knew of Schaches contract status and thought we should lure him.

good guest.

2 Likes

Yes, articulate, knowledgable … I’d like to hear more from this guy. Too bad I don’t give a ■■■■ about basketball or I would subscribe to his podcast!

1 Like

That part legitimately blew me away.

Still don’t get why he’d pick Essendon in 2014.

Did you listen to the podcast??? He explained all of it!

1 Like

Still doesn’t add up ‘i fell in love with my wife’ss underachieving trainwreck of a team’

1 Like

Have just started listening and will finish it over the next couple of days. The thing that stands out is how he nails footy terminology- something I have never heard from an American before.

2 Likes

The top team going around that time was a club whose colours look like excretions. No wonder he chose us

1 Like

Plenty of people don’t get how Dodoro has lasted as long as he has.

Dodoro… from Sheedy’s coffee boy to an untouchable… his KPIs for the last 15 years must be have no more difficult than ‘rock up before lunchtime’.

Good podcast guest - this guy Sam is refreshing… doesn’t have red and black blinkers on.

2 Likes

Same way I got in.

Actually my wife didn’t give two ■■■■■ and still doesn’t. Generally she pays attention to the results only because she knows it affects my mood. It was really more of a way to bond with her dad, who is not a particular warm person otherwise.

The irony is I’ve become arguably a bigger supporter than any of them… but it also helps that I came along at a much better time (1999).

3 Likes

Cheers

Almost cheating that is.

Yeah, I got a flag in my second year and thought “damn, I hit the jackpot”.

Little did I know. But I did get to see the back half of James Hird’s career and some other nice things, so I don’t have regrets. I also wouldn’t have some of the friends that I do.

1 Like

Only joking mate 1999 or 2019 all equal all welcome. I was lucky enough to see James Hird play in Canberra before he was a superstar. Before that as a starry eyed kid I used to walk from my cousins place in Mooney Ponds to Windy Hill and saw some amazing things. That’s why I could never change teams because as John Mayer sings “ It’s in my blood” and now my kids.

Well “In the blood” but you know what I mean.

Here it Is!!! It was a feisty Lunchtime CatchUp Podcast episode tonight as we discuss Joe Daniher staying at Essendon, Swans approach, Cutler, Phillips and a heated discussion on the ASADA article

3 Likes

On itunes now as well