Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast - Anzac Day review main show out now

Great podcast guys.

I would hope that with the new coach coming in, everyone has to earn their spot in Brad Scott’s opinion. A good opportunity for those fringe players and imports to put their case forward for selection.

3 Likes

Good podcast Scott

I too am of the opinion that quite a few players have to earn their spots. The keys I believe for Brad Scott will be trying to shore up the defence, particularly our key position defenders, our midfield group which clearly needs a rejigging, and locking the footy inside 50.

true, should leave bad itunes reviews i guess

Unless your in the top 10 players on the list (especially at a bottom 4 club), I don’t think anyone has ‘runs on the board’.

That’s the point of Pre season training, it’s a fresh start and an opportunity to prove yourself.

Caldwell and Setterfield are bordering on best 22-25 players. So past performance is irrelevant imo.

1 Like

Hasn’t Caldwell not been allowed to do full training yet? Let’s see how Caldwell looks over the next 6 weeks rather than comparing him to someone that has been allowed to do match sim

I get Grant is not as knowledgeable as some on here or myself who watches many more games. He would be the first to say the same. I am perfectly ok he will make some mistakes or due to his busy work schedule miss a news update. He is not on twitter or Blitz so misses a lot of internal discussion or news points. For some reason he thought for a minute Setterfield played some half back. He is fine with me correcting him and we move on. I have always said he is like a fan on the outer that he bounces off information from me and we talk through stuff like he is just hearing it. Its actually how we talked before the show at lunch… he would say “whats the latest at Bomberland”. He has many unique points of view (from his perspective) that i disagree with and many i do. Its his view from his experiences and we debate them on the show. I never wanted two people that talk and just agree on everything. Its not that entertaining as a format. Throw a debate in the fire and lets discuss it openly. Many fans see his point of view. Some mine. Its all fun to me.

Actually got a text from the club President who said he loved the show and thought the training discussion was great. Pretty cool he listens and i think most respect we are authentic in our discussions and happy to debate and disagree

41 Likes

It’s stating the obvious but people don’t have to listen.

2 Likes

I like the POD as its not bland, processed junk.

Its got passion, energy and a bit of controversy at times. Gives good insights.

Tracking beautifully for mine…

8 Likes

I don’t think it matters that Grant said that Setterfield was played at ‘half back’, the point he was making is that Setterfield was played out of position, and is why we don’t know how effective he really is in his best position as a midfielder

3 Likes

Funnily enough, Caldwell walked straight into our starting midfield round 1 when he first arrived, based off 12 fairly sedate out-of-position games at GWS.

11 Likes

Also, I’m convinced much of Grant’s antics are all just schtick.

As Saucy said, he’s a heel from WWE.

3 Likes

It’s absolutely wild to me that we finally have a midfielder who runs both ways and impacts in both facets of the game in Caldwell that we think is a Fringe player.

As Tagger suggested I think the debate will be a Setterfield vs Hobbs one once everyone is fit.

setterfield vs langford.

1 Like

Caldwell vs Hobbs
Heppell vs Durham
Jones Vs Weideman
Hind Vs Mass

5 Likes

Clone_Hirdy Vs Ham

We like hearing the debate & it makes the show. I’m in the camp of the majority of players need to prove themselves through the next month. Setterfield can get a round 1 spot as an inside mid if he performs well this pre-season.
Like 15 other players, Jye isn’t a lock.

Liked hearing how the boys are going pre-season.

4 Likes

You and Grant are doing great work.
Wasn’t meant to be a personal attack on grant, just something that stuck out to me, But Im all aboard the Setterfield Banwagon and hope he gets a round 1 berth.

Must be nice to get that kind of feedback from the ivory tower, assume that means your in for a podcast with Barham in the future.

4 Likes

Text him back with a screenshot of the MCG/Docklands Twitter poll result.

5 Likes

Scotty you guys are doing a wonderful job, we appreciate the work you guys put in whilst balancing day jobs and families. Your main pod and Patreon shows are always interesting to listen to, and you play a great, insightful and knowledgeable straight guy.

Grant comes from left field, divides opinion and rubs some up the wrong way, but two straight guys would be boring to listen to; and he is as important to your continued success as you are. Keep up the good work, more interviews like Redmans hopefully in 2023, one of your best!

11 Likes

Think I’ll be a new patreon member of the Lunchtime Catchup podcast soon; I always look forward to every new episode. And I don’t mind the banter you have at all.
Can’t say I agree with Grant about Setterfield, but he’s entitled to his point of view.

If he said he doesn’t like Setterfield due to feelings of intense distrust at anything Navy Blue, and I’d have to say that is a very good point.

5 Likes