M Harvey on SEN

Thought it was a disappointing interview - Not one word about Harvey's stellar playing career.

I would have thought he was talking about the process when Knights was appointed, or even Hird. I don't remember him even being mentioned for 2014.

I think the HScum ran with a story that Harvs was a chance for the role.

I think the HScum ran with a story that Harvs was a chance for the role.

If he thought he was any sort of chance to get it over the bloke from the next office down the hall, he's stupider than I ever thought.

Minimal disruption was required. Obvious selection was obvious.

You'd recall that M Thompson was at first reluctant to take on the role. Essendon approached Harvey.

I would have Harvey..and O'Donnell for that matter...even Caracella, back in a heartbeat. The knowledge about clubs away from Essendon could be good to have in the future.

Who is D Wallace?

A novelist apparently: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Foster_Wallace

I would have Harvey..and O'Donnell for that matter...even Caracella, back in a heartbeat. The knowledge about clubs away from Essendon could be good to have in the future.

Odonnell?really?
Caracella hell yes, has done great things with both geelong and the filth.
Harvey, thanks but no thanks

Odonnell?really?
Caracella hell yes, has done great things with both geelong and the filth.
Harvey, thanks but no thanks

Yep.

O'Donnell would be great helping in running the football department...his ideal role.

Harvey can be a good skills/tactics coach defensive or attacking.

And Caracella...is he the next senior coach in a few years time?

You'd recall that M Thompson was at first reluctant to take on the role. Essendon approached Harvey.

Yeah, and anyone who fielded that call without realising there was a pretty strong internal candidate deserves is naive.

Yeah, and anyone who fielded that call without realising there was a pretty strong internal candidate deserves is naive.

So its Harvey's fault that Essendon wasted his time?

You would never have known from the SEN interview that Harvey was a gun player. Triple Premiership player,multiple State Rep, AA honours, played as a forward flanker in two premierships and CHB in another premiership. I still remember his first touch in VFL footy in arounf Round 4 or 5 in 1984 at Waverley Park - Received a handball b/w wing and half forward, took 2 bounces and slotted a goal from 35 metres. 

And few went harder at the ball than Harvey.

Fault? No.

But blind Freddie would've realised Thompson was going to be favourite if he was interested. Don't really get his complaint.

Fault? No.

But blind Freddie would've realised Thompson was going to be favourite if he was interested. Don't really get his complaint.

That's the point. Thompson wasn't (publically at least) interested. That's why Essendon approached Harvey and Harvey went into the process in good faith. In hindsight it appears that was misplaced.

Fault? No.

That's the point. Thompson wasn't (publically at least) interested. That's why Essendon approached Harvey and Harvey went into the process in good faith. In hindsight it appears that was misplaced.

Certainly wasn't Harvey's fault.

Fault? No.

So it's Essendon's fault that, when initially asked, Thompson said 'naaaaah' but didn't categorically rule it out - so they were compelled to interview a few, then Thompson changed his mind - leaving Essendon to make the most obvious choice in the history of obvious.

Once you do a few interviews you realise this sort of ■■■■ happens ALL the time in all sorts of industries & situations. Rather peculiar thing to have a ■■■■■ about.

What should they have done, exactly, in your mind?

Fault? No.

So it's Essendon's fault that, when initially asked, Thompson said 'naaaaah' but didn't categorically rule it out - so they were compelled to interview a few, then Thompson changed his mind - leaving Essendon to make the most obvious choice in the history of obvious.

Once you do a few interviews you realise this sort of **** happens ALL the time in all sorts of industries & situations. Rather peculiar thing to have a ***** about.

Far be it for me to answer for Diggers, but, at least offer Harvey a role in the club respecting his worth as a Bomber champion with good outside knowledge maybe?

Fault? No.

Once you do a few interviews you realise this sort of **** happens ALL the time in all sorts of industries & situations. Rather peculiar thing to have a ***** about.

Doesn't matter what I think. I'm relaying what Mark Harvey has expressed about the experience.

If he feels let down by the process, I believe him.

Is he blonde again?