M Harvey on SEN

Brownish.

Is he blonde again?

it was bogan platinum my friend and dont you ■■■■■■■ forget it

You'd recall that M Thompson was at first reluctant to take on the role. Essendon approached Harvey.

Yeah, and anyone who fielded that call without realising there was a pretty strong internal candidate deserves is naive.
So its Harvey's fault that Essendon wasted his time?
Fault? No.
But blind Freddie would've realised Thompson was going to be favourite if he was interested. Don't really get his complaint.
That's the point. Thompson wasn't (publically at least) interested. That's why Essendon approached Harvey and Harvey went into the process in good faith. In hindsight it appears that was misplaced.
So it's Essendon's fault that, when initially asked, Thompson said 'naaaaah' but didn't categorically rule it out - so they were compelled to interview a few, then Thompson changed his mind - leaving Essendon to make the most obvious choice in the history of obvious.
Once you do a few interviews you realise this sort of **** happens ALL the time in all sorts of industries & situations. Rather peculiar thing to have a ***** about.
What should they have done, exactly, in your mind?
Doesn't matter what I think. I'm relaying what Mark Harvey has expressed about the experience.
If he feels let down by the process, I believe him.

If he walked off a cliff would you follow him?
Perception is not one of his strong suits IMHO.

You'd recall that M Thompson was at first reluctant to take on the role. Essendon approached Harvey.

Yeah, and anyone who fielded that call without realising there was a pretty strong internal candidate deserves is naive.
Fault? No.
But blind Freddie would've realised Thompson was going to be favourite if he was interested. Don't really get his complaint.
That's the point. Thompson wasn't (publically at least) interested. That's why Essendon approached Harvey and Harvey went into the process in good faith. In hindsight it appears that was misplaced.
So it's Essendon's fault that, when initially asked, Thompson said 'naaaaah' but didn't categorically rule it out - so they were compelled to interview a few, then Thompson changed his mind - leaving Essendon to make the most obvious choice in the history of obvious.
Once you do a few interviews you realise this sort of **** happens ALL the time in all sorts of industries & situations. Rather peculiar thing to have a ***** about.
Doesn't matter what I think. I'm relaying what Mark Harvey has expressed about the experience.

lol.

Rightio.

Fault? No.

lol.

Rightio.

I think you are both right. If you are interviewing various EFC legends and can only choose one then it can potentially get hurtful

I guess all you could do would be honest. Perhaps say that to Harves that Thompson was the leading candidate but if he can't be secured then the position might be available. But at the same time they had to try and maintain confidentiality for Thompsons sake. You'd like to think they didn't play with Harvs to the point where he though he had the job and let it get out in the media.

The other thing you could do is not conduct the interviews till post season but at the same time you have to work your timing to achieve the best outcome. It was was of those situations where you couldve been a nice guy and missed out because you waited for the kindest moment to conduct your business. 

You'd like Haves to be able to understand it and not need to mention it. But if Harvs did feel hurt then it also doesn't worry me if he needed to get it off his chest. The club would probably concede that in a perfect world maybe it might have been able to do it differently. For Harvs sake I hope Freo never gets a flag too.

You can’t be honest and still expect yo get people to come and interview!

I have it on good authority that harvs is working for a prominent essendon supporter.

This is how a big club looks after its own.

Choco Williams also said at the time that they had already made their mind up about Hird & that he was just making up the numbers for his interview, so what Harvey is saying is not news.

Choco Williams also said at the time that they had already made their mind up about Hird & that he was just making up the numbers for his interview, so what Harvey is saying is not news.

So Choco also got screwed. Could have been handy.

Choco was finished when he was at the power.

As what, though?

Choco is talking about before we got Thompson/Hird. McCartney was already signed as effectively the main non-senior assistant. So Choco effectively would've taken Thompson's gig - sorry, I rate him, but that's out of the question

So you think he would be worth signing, on the money he'd quite rightly demand ($500k or so) as a 3rd tier coach with not very much responsibility in the scheme of things?

I would've been happy to have Choco, as I would've been happy to have Harvey, but you can't have (or afford) absolutely everyone.

Off topic but why is this is the non Essendon thread?

because he coached freo?

because he coached freo?

Not to play the way they played against port tonight.