Maintaining a shred of interest

I’ll be honest, I was on the MJ bandwagon.

1 Like

So,…

Saints.

Lions

GWS

Doggies.

Fark the rest.

1 Like

If Geelong are going to win another flag in my lifetime it’s best this year so I don’t have to see anyone around town.

Fark them though

I like the way the Saints play their footy but a GWS flag is something I could tolerate and forget about very quickly.

The Big Big Sound for mine

To be honest I’ve learnt something.
There are other sports apart from Football and Cricket?

2 Likes

I 100% understand this, that’s exactly how I played it.

I hated that Brisbane team so much.

2 Likes

That 2001 Grand Final was on my birthday. I’ll never forget them farking up my birthday party grand final barbie.

1 Like

I have always thought that there needs to be some symmetry between height and weight. For example if you are 182cm tall, ideally you should weigh 82kg. Our problem is that many of our taller Running players are lighter than I would expect. So tall but not necessarily big bodied.

Hepps 189cm 85kg
Langford 192cm 87kg
Clarke 188cm 86kg
Gleeson 190cm 84kg
Hibberd 190cm 86kg
Mutch 187cm 84kg
Townsend 187cm 84kg
Laverde 193cm 90kg
Cutler 192cm 89kg

Now let’s compare to Geelong

Dangerfield 185cm 91kg
Menegola 188cm 88kg
Touey 187cm 91kg
Selwood 182cm 87kg
Abblett 182cm 87kg
Rohan 189cm 89kg
Duncan 187cm 86kg

I accept that these guys are older, but Hepp and Gleeson have been around for years and are not even close.

2 Likes

Hopefully either port or WC. Screw Brisbane and the massive advantage they have had this season

Please don’t let Richmond win another one

Yep.

Same.

2003 was a farking nightmare when they played in the GF AGAIN.

I feel like they were the dynasty we were supposed to be during that era.

1. Did you mean to put this in this thread?
  2. What data source did you use? I’d be interested to explore this further. My gut feel agrees with you, but I’m not sure that Selwood/Ablett are appropriate comparisons to Laverde/Gleeson if you’re only taking a selection of players. (ie, why not include say Shiel & McGrath for instance?)
  1. Maybe
  2. I was looking at our taller players

The worst grand final for me was 2004. Fk, I hated Brisbane so much still and Port just as much. I’ve never had so much anxiety about a footy game.

I kind of don’t care anymore at all these days because we’re just useless.

I do think though the anxiety levels would reach their peak if Fark Carlton ever made it to a GF. Their recent finals appearances have provided short term trauma.

Pretty much zero interest but if the current 8

GWS
Geelong
Richmond - yeah come at me!
Saints
Brisbane
Collingwood
West Coast
Port

1 Like

GWS, and whoever is playing the team I want to lose. So basically whoever is playing, Hawks, magpies, blues, tigers, dogs, power, crows, swans, saints, cats, west coke, dockers. so as you can see each game becomes a mini game of who I hate the least and why, then I support them for that game only.

Millwall have done alright the last couple
Season

Can’t stand dangerfield, so fark geelong
Can’t stand Richmond supporters, so fark Richmond
Can’t stand eddie, so fark Collingwood
Can’t stand ■■■■, so fark port
I’m not over losing the 2001 gf, so fark brisbane
Can’t stand smug eagles supporters, so fark west coke

So who does that leave me with? Saints or giants… i can live that

Unless it’s ■■■■ Carlton

My interest in AwFuL this year will end (if it hasn’t already) precisely 0.000001 of a nanosecond after the Essington/Melbourne game ends. Won’t watch any of the finals - zero interest.

Fark 'em all and, especially, fark the AwFuL…

1 Like

StKilda.

I like Ratten.

Will be a Geelong Richmond Granny tho. Best two sides by a country mile.

Port have lucked it in with a great draw and home ground advantage.